Ratings for Dr. Jerold M. Share

While I liked Dr. Share a great deal and found our interaction to be quite constructive, I--like others in this group--never was contacted by him with my test results, which were timely and cost hundreds of dollars. Not only did I have to call multiple times, but my physician tried to get the results too, to no avail. Share's secretary offered excuses for weeks, ranging from 'the results aren't back yet' to that they were lost as part of an office move. After more than a year of trying, no one ever called me back or offered the slightest reply. I was to the point of initiating legal action against his office, though I haven't done so yet. Dr. Share's knowledge and thoughtfulness are diminished by his and his office's blatant unprofessionalism. I wound up having to get the same tests repeated at another provider because Dr. Share's office refused to be cooperative. Based upon this conduct, I would not recommend Dr. Jerold Share's practice. It was staggeringly unprofessional.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

The only reason I gave him a lesser score on punctuality is because his bedside manner is so good that he runs behind schedule frequently. He's incredibly compassionate, knowledgeable in terms of recent developments, and respectful of me, not condescending as doctors have been toward me in the past. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2012

Dr. Share is the most compassionate physician I have known. He also works hard, in partnership with a patient, to diagnose a problem and get it under control. He does not give up the way I have seen other physicians do, when they say, "You are really a puzzle" and offer nothing more. I always felt that if Dr. Share ran out of ideas about what might be wrong with me, I could still go to see him, and he would give me high-quality sympathy while feeling that it was a good use of his time. He is warm-hearted, he has a great sense of humor, and he does not react badly if a patient turns out to be a puzzle. What more could a person want?!

flag | Submitted March 4, 2011

Very knowledgeable! Flexible and willing to listen to your needs as a patient. I feel like we participate in my care together, which is very refreshing since no one knows your body like you do. As others have mentioned, a bit lacking on the follow-up, but otherwise a fantastic doctor. Thinks outside the box! I won't see another endocrinologist as long as I'm in DC.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2009

Great doctor, poor follow-up. Almost never sends the test results after he promises.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Dr Share did medical etsts for me- knowing that I need the results to possibly get off medicine that could be harming me. He told me to page him in 4 days and he would get right back to me with the results. It has been a month and I still have not heard back from him or gotten the results. I am going to file a formal complaint with the Medical Board this week. I paid 300 dollars in cash for nothing.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2008

Dr. Share is a very good doctor and defintely knows what he is talking about. However, God forbid you become seriously ill while in his care, it may take you as long as month to get test results and any contact what so all from him. This is a common complaint from many patients of his, and his staff changes frequently.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2008

Dr. Share is a great listener. He thinks outside of the box and tries to get to the root of your problem.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2008

Dr. Jerold M. Share's Credentials

• Mt Sinai Sch Of Med Of The City Univ Of Ny, New York Ny 10029 (Grad. 1986)