Ratings for Dr. Claude A. Curran

Dr. Curran has been a great Dr. for me and I disagree with comments that he is more interested in fighting a cause than dealing with his patients problems...He's very caring and extremely knowledgeable and there should be more Dr's like Claude Curran, MD. Thank you Dr. Curran for all that you do..Peter M. Aubut

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

I would say that Dr. Curran years ago was astute and caring but over the last years I believe he is more focused on ARGUING A CAUSE as opposed to honing in on the client's problems. His office staff is devoid of professionalism...not affording the client coming in to feel welcome, at ease or even human...its only HOW ARE YOU GONNA PAY FOR THIS ATTITUTE...There are other psychiatrists that will see clients promptly, are not burnt out, will give samples...you can ask also for them, and do not have a fa├žade..

flag | Submitted October 11, 2014

I have seen many Doctors over the years. Dr. Curran is the only MD that treats me like an equal vs someone "with a mental illness." He is a very kind and thorough Doctor. Even though my Insurance dropped him, I pay out of pocket to see him exclusively. I will not see another. JLN

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

Dr. Curran is the best doctor I have ever seen. I can't see him now because of my insurance. I wish I could give back to him. He has helped this city and its people more than anyone knows.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2013

i have never had a problem feeling comfortable and getting treatment. I beleive hew would save the world if he could

flag | Submitted March 26, 2012

The wait is ridiculous. You will wait for 3-4 hours regardless of your appointment. Patients walk in and tend to get seen before people with appts. I like Dr. Curran but I cannot stand the office environment or the lack of professionalism in regards to the wait time. I wait less at the walk in.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2012

Make sure you take the whole day off. Your time means noting to this Doctor or his staff.Very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2011

Dr. Curran himself is a nice guy. However, his office staff is absolutely terrible. They are rude, confused, and quite frankly ignorant. If I could go see Dr. Curran without having to deal with his idiotic office staff I would still be a patient. Some will say he didnt care, but my experience one-to-one with him wasn't bad. Yes I did try many different meds with him, but it ended in me finding one that worked for me. He was also very good about helping me financially. When I lost my job he provided me with samples to help get me by which was very kind of him. Other psychiatrists I have seen barely spent 15 minutes with me. Dr. Curran I felt spent more time with me than he really had to. One major problem however is the wait time. If I scheduled a 2pm appointment I would not get in to see him until 3-4pm and that is no exaggeration. The office and waiting area was run down and a mess as well. As much as I like him I would not recommend his practice unfortunately.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2011

I have to agree with my girl on that last comment.I too was a pt. of Dr. Curran for 7 years, I was able, and comfortable enough to ask him anything, as well as answer his question's. I wish I still could go to see him because he knew what was up with me by looking at me!!He is a great Dr. and that's all there is too it, Period! Ms. Dawn Sousa

flag | Submitted November 30, 2010

Dr. Curran used to be on top of things and very thorough some years ago, but he just doesn't care anymore. He's more concerned with keeping his addicts high than looking after his real (ie. psychiatric) patients and making sure their treatments are working. Glad I dumped him for a more capable and responsible Pdoc.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2010