Ratings for Dr. Brij B. Gulati

I found Dr. Gulati very helpful. I am a 20 year old and suffer from extreme anxiety as well as uni polar. Referring to the previous comment, yes he does lecture but what he is saying is important. To get over the depression you really do need a good nights sleep. If I do not get one, my anxiety and rage gets the best of me. You need to think and aim high. Pull yourself out of the negitive thinking. I am currently seeing him once a month and will definately continue to see him. I found him very helpful and he listens to what I say. If I arrive early for my appointment and the previous people were done early or did not show up, he would take me (Once I was an hour early and was taken immediately) He is VERY knowledgable and I would absolutely suggest him for anyone with psychiatry problems.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2010

I would not recommend Dr. Gulati as a doctor for a troubled teenager. Every time we visited my son would get a parental lecture: "You need to do your homework. You need to get a good night's sleep. You want to go to college someday, don't you?" Good advice--but not helpful from a psychiatrist. He did nothing to get to the root of his problems, just prescribed and lectured. He also was condescending at times: when my child expressed a desire to be a pilot one day, Dr. G. scolded him, saying "You are such an immature thinker! What makes you think you could be a pilot?" When I told him I thought my child might have Asperger's syndrome, he said "He couldn't possibly have Aspergers! He is a smart boy, and has such an advanced vocabulary!" A psychiatrist should know that most Asperger's kids are intelligent and have advanced vocabularies--but he did not. He also was extremely disorganized. Every visit we started anew becuase he usually couldn't find his notes from the previous visit.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2009

Dr. Brij B. Gulati's Credentials

• Mahatma Gandhi Inst Of Med Sci, Nagpur Univ, Wardha, Maharashtra (Grad. 1976)

Top Hospitals in Stockbridge, GA