Dr. Albert J. Haddad

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Albert J. Haddad

I’m going to start off with the ladies at the front desk, during my first initial visit I was greeted by both ladies, Chanel (I believe that’s how you spell her name) was super kind and wonderful! She makes you feel very comfortable, assures you about everything and is super knowledgeable! She has a wonderful personality that is super welcoming and kind, which i think is the most important thing as someone who is greeting potential customers (clients?). So my initial thoughts were started off already very pleasant. I met with Dr. Haddad and he was very patient with me, I explained that I have a lot of anxiety and a million and one questions, he took the time to answer every.single.one. Which I then apologized for the million questions lol. I then explained that I had my X-rays showing I had 6 wisdom teeth - 4 on top and 2 on the bottom. He suggested we did 3D X-rays to see where all the teeth sat and if any would involve any complications, so I booked my second visit for those pictures. During my second visit we took all the necessary photos which only takes a few moments and then rebooked my third visit which was to go over the 3D X-rays when they were in. My third visit we went over complications with my bottom teeth as they are wrapped around nerves and there was a higher risk with them. Since they aren’t currently bugging me whatsoever, he suggested to leave them for now and to just get the 4 on top out and then if there is any complications with the bottom ones in the future, then we could take them out. I then booked my next visit which would be the day I get the teeth removed (just over 24 hours ago now - July 13th I got them removed). So yesterday I had my mom drive me down and also be the person who was going to take me home as well (this is necessary if you’re being sedated). I chose to have the IV sedation done because I knew with all my anxiety, that - that would be the best bet for me. I was greeted and within minutes was brought into my operation room and we started pretty much instantly with preparations. The anesthesiologist went over everything and then I explained again that my anxiety was through the absolute roof. We set up all the monitors and to no surprise, my heart beat was extremely high. So I got some laughing gas which didn’t initially calm me down, they upped the dose a bit and it seemed to have worked well. One of my biggest fears the entire time was that i was going to wake up, I’m not sure why but it was always my fear. I had my IV in and Dr. Haddad came in and within a few minutes said “ok were going to start giving you some of the drugs now” and I remember someone leaning over to freeze my mouth with a needle and that was it. I then was woken up to what seemed like it was only a second later (I think it was 30 minutes long to get all 4 teeth out). I remember arguing that they couldn’t have possibly taken all my teeth out (the drugs were definitely talking at that time) and then they showed me my teeth and I was shocked that it was already over. Sat for a bit to let the drugs wear off and my mom came in to sit with me as well. Not sure how long I was there but before I knew it I was heading off to the car to go home. On my way home, all the freezing was gone (my body has always seemed to I guess absorb the freezing stuff they inject in really quickly) and I called just to make sure i could take a pain killer (side note: anyone going into this, id suggest going to your family doctor like I did prior to the removal so you can have the pain killers already - this was the best decision I made because I needed one almost instantly)... they told me I was fine to take one and so I did. 4 hours later it wore off and I hadn’t felt any pain at all, I tried eating and I think something brushed against my extraction site and gave me an instant pain so I took another one. Since that last pill I haven’t taken any and I’m about to be at 36 hours after removal. I’m in no pain at all, I’ve been eating Mac & Cheese & yogurt (things you can easily swallow without chewing) and feeling great. I have zero swelling and zero bruising. So far this is a super pleasant experience and I’m SOO glad I chose Dr. Haddad. My next appointment is Friday, July 20th and I’ll be thrilled to let him know how amazing he did and my whole experience!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2018

What an amazing doctor. My daughter had some major work she needed to have done on her mouth and we were recommended and so glad we were. She loves going for visits to see him at sick kids. Thank you so much for the amazing work you do.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2018

I had a great experience with Dr. Haddad. It was very easy to schedule my appointments, his staff is friendly and professional. Dr. Haddad took the time and explained my options very well and performed a painless surgery. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2018

Thank you for taking such good care of me. I was so scared and it really was much easier than I could have imagined.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2018

I went to Dr Haddad after a recommendation from an dentist and reading his online reviews. Thanks to all the people who wrote reviews. I had a tooth extraction and he did it with freezing. I didn’t want to go to sleep and it was comfortable. I was surprise how fast it was. He was good and his staff was nice too. Overall good experience considering what I had done.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2018

5 stars for this doctor. Great facility. Very clean. Staff was great from the front desk to the nurse that gave me my prescription and instructions. I had two teeth pulled and it was quick and painless and Dr Haddad was really friendly.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2018

I had two "complicated extractions" for two erupted teeth - easy, no pain, sedated well, hardly any swelling and etc. He is excellent! I wish I hadn't waited so long to get it done. I strongly, strongly recommend him. Also, the other surgeon I had checked wanted to charge me an arm and leg and do a lot more stuff that Dr. Haddad said I didn't need! If you putting off getting work done - go see Dr. Haddad. The offices are beautiful and brightly lit - overall, I gotta say, he is excellent and will be doing any other oral surgery I may ever need.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2018

Had a really interesting experience. It was my first time being put to sleep and I still can’t believe how great it was. Had 4 teeth out and it was fun.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2018

I highly recommend Dr Haddad for anyone who needs to remove wisdom teeth. I would want to give more than 5 stars if could.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2018

We had a really great experience. We have twins and they both had their wisdom teeth out on the same day. A few tubs of ice cream later the boys were back to school after the easter long weekend. We didn’t need to call the doctor but it was nice to know we could if we had any problems, which we didn’t.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2018

Dr. Albert J. Haddad's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Albert Haddad received his Doctor of Medical Dentistry (DMD) at Université Laval in Quebec City in 1999. He completed a one year General Practice Residency at the Toronto General Hospital, University Health Networks in Toronto (1999-2000). Subsequently, he completed a Masters degree and specialty training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Anesthesia at the University of Toronto (2000-2004) and a fellowship in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Mount Sinai Hospital (2004-2005). He is a Fellow of the Royal College of Dentist of Canada and the American Dental Society of Anesthesiology as well as Diplomate of the National Dental Board of Anesthesiology. He is a staff Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon at the Hospital for Sick Children. He is also a clinical instructor in the Department of Oral Surgery, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto. He has a special interest in implant dentistry and pediatric oral surgery. On a personal level, he enjoys cooking, photography and is a Master Scuba Diver.

• English
  • French

• Université Laval (Grad. 1999)
  • University of Toronto (Grad. 2004)

• Dental implant surgery