Dr. Albert J. Haddad

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Albert J. Haddad

Please read this if you have been postponing this surgery due to being absolutely paranoid. To begin, I am a 22 year old male who had been advised by 5 dentists to remove all 4 impacted wisdom teeth multiple times per years over the past 8 years. For whatever reason, overcoming the reality that I had to go through this surgery was the biggest obstacle I have yet to encounter. I had told myself when I was 14 and first told that I would absolutely never go through with this. Well, today was the day. I decided to finally do it because I did some research about what could happen if I did not remove them. I had zero pain from any of the teeth so I justified it. However, this does not mean that the trapped food wouldn't have eventually decayed it. Why do this almost mandatory rite of passage surgery later in life if you have the opportunity to do it earlier? I started with going to a few consultation appointments. Without a doubt, Dr. Haddad made me feel the most comfortable. My first impression was that he was a gentleman who has lots of patience and respect for his patience. During this time frame of coming to terms with myself that this was happening, I didn't eat for practically a week out of sheer fear and lost several nights of sleep. While I wanted to just get it over with, I realized that booking this 3 months out would help ease my mind. Throughout the summer I panicked each and every day. This far dated surgery was always on my mind and definitely took away from some wonderful experiences I had this summer. However, overall, it 100% helped make this happen after the 8 years of convincing myself that it was never going to happen. The closer the day got, the more comfortable I became with it and then we were at the day of surgery. I decided to walk to the office with my family, I started freaking out. I told myself that I didn't waste 8 years (especially the past 3 months) worrying about this for nothing. I arrive and we are greeted by the wonderful reception staff. I explain to them that I am not comfortable and that I am freaking out. Them keeping positive and explaining that this is very normal reassured me. I waited for my name to be called. Once I was called back, I got in the chair. Stickies were placed on my chest, a cuff on my upper-arm for blood pressure checks, and a piece on my finger to read my heart rate. Of course it was all high. Then came the laughing gas. This was my first experience with laughing gas and oh my let me say it is magical stuff. I knew what I was saying to the nurse and my family watching, still remember it after the fact, but I gave no care as to what was about to go down. Then it was time for the dreaded IV. I opted for their wonderful IV Deep Sedation so I knew this was coming. Within seconds the IV was in and the surgery was ready to start. Dr. Haddad then came into the room and greeted me with his wonderful bedside manners and before I could even think about it I was being woke up by the fantastic nurse named Jessica. There was no recollection of even falling asleep (which totally eradicated my fear of being put under), and when I woke up I was still in the operating chair. I am someone who actually remembers waking up in the chair, moving to a wheelchair to be moved to recovery, and spending time in recovery. Before I continue further, I will say that absolutely zero pain was experienced in this entire experience. Zero pain in the prep, zero pain in the surgery (which I have no recollection of), and zero pain in the recovery room. The only thing that I was in dire need of was a sip of water which was provided to me at this time under supervision. Apparently, it's not the best idea to drink water when your mouth is all frozen! This is absolutely true but I managed to get a sip down and fix my dry throat. Within 15 minutes, I was ready to head out. Since I am the only one with the car, we took a taxi home. If you are like me and have been putting this off for years due to an extreme amount of fear that would keep you up at nights and prevent you from eating please do yourself a favour and have your surgery done here with Dr. Albert Haddad. This man made magic happen in my mouth. He even saved a few of my extracted teeth for me after! You will feel zero pain and hopefully recovery quickly. This is my first day and I was comfortable enough to go for a walk hours after the procedure. 5/5 on every regard. Would rate even higher if possible.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

Dr albert i cant thank u enough for making my complicated surgery the smoothest and best experience ever. U couldnt even tell i had a surgery done!!! I healed the same day hands down for this man. He is a genius and very gentle..everyone in toronto should see him for any oral surgical issues

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

Dr. Haddad is really informative and knowledgeable. He took his time explaining the procedure. He made me feel really comfortable so I decided to go ahead with my surgery with him. I am confident and trust his skills :)

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

I was very impressed with his bedside manners. He answered all our questions and made our daughter feel comfortable.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Dr Haddad is a very skilled doctor, but also a kind and compassionate man. We are so grateful for his help. We would highly recommend him to anyone. His gentle and patient manner would make him perfect for anyone who is anxious or worried about a procedure.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2017

Dr. Haddad has an excellent bedside manner. He put us at ease right away during the pre-op meeting, providing us with useful information in a gentle way with good humour. He extracted all wisdom teeth and another one that was lodged above two front teeth. It was a particularly difficult situation and we are so grateful for his help. We know that he is a skilled and respected doctor, but he is also a very kind and caring man.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2017

I had a very positive experience with Dr Haddad. I couldn't believe how quickly my procedure was done. Great bedside manners. I am really glad my dentist told me to see him.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

I was very worried about my wisdom tooth extraction. I delayed it for more than a year just out of fear! But this time I had to take it out as it was infected. I found Dr. Albert Haddad from ratemds.com and I am so glad I found him! He was very friendly, approachable and answered all my questions & made me feel very comfortable. It was a quick & painless procedure & I was surprised the tooth was out even before I knew! The nurse Lauren was a very friendly & a nice lady! My healing was very smooth & painless, way better than I had imagined! I had a question about some bruises in my skin & called the after hour emergency number on a Saturday & spoke to the receptionist, and to my surprise Dr. Haddad called me back within 15 mins on a Saturday evening! I am very pleased with the service, thank God for Dr. Haddad! :)

flag | Submitted April 8, 2017

Highly recommended. I had a very good recovery. Surgery was fast and painless.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2017

I had a simple extraction of a molar and it went very, very well. Dr. Haddad kindly fitted my extraction in the same day I had my first consult with him. He was truly amazing and the procedure was painless once the needles were given. That night and the next day I have had no pain, no swelling or bruising. Truly this was the best outcome possible. He was very patient in explaining what he would do, and he did it with great skill. The nursing staff was very good.

Submitted March 16, 2017

Dr. Albert J. Haddad's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Albert Haddad received his Doctor of Medical Dentistry (DMD) at Université Laval in Quebec City in 1999. He completed a one year General Practice Residency at the Toronto General Hospital, University Health Networks in Toronto (1999-2000). Subsequently, he completed a Masters degree and specialty training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Anesthesia at the University of Toronto (2000-2004) and a fellowship in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Mount Sinai Hospital (2004-2005). He is a Fellow of the Royal College of Dentist of Canada and the American Dental Society of Anesthesiology as well as Diplomate of the National Dental Board of Anesthesiology. He is a staff Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon at the Hospital for Sick Children. He is also a clinical instructor in the Department of Oral Surgery, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto. He has a special interest in implant dentistry and pediatric oral surgery. On a personal level, he enjoys cooking, photography and is a Master Scuba Diver.

• English
  • French

• Université Laval (Grad. 1999)
  • University of Toronto (Grad. 2004)

• Dental implant surgery