Ratings for Dr. Anita Cela

My impression of Dr. Cela was initially favorable, however over time she was abrupt and lacked bedside manner. I had a stubborn and upsetting facial skin problem which did not respond to any of her treatments. She answered some of my questions with "I don't know" and did not appear to know the side effects of a medication. She also appeared irritated and was abrupt when I called her to ask about a side effect I was having. At my final visit, she left the room abruptly and did not return so I was uncertain how to apply the prescribed medication. I think she is probably good for some problems, but she is not helpful with hard to manage conditions that require a caring , supportive attitude. I felt she threw in the towel and was not supportive in the end. I was upset at our final visit and decided to find a dermatologist with a better bedside manner. I'm not saying she isn't a good doctor but her manner was off putting. Her staff is fine.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2014

After treatment with restylane, I developed a boil. It was lanced. Over time my right cheek began to look lumpy and puffy with an uneven contour. Dr. Cela suggested hyaluronidase, but also claimed this had never hapened to her in 23 years. Yet she had an expired stock from 2009. She told me she would order it and get back to me. She never called. I called and was told it had arrived. My second set of shots was my last When I complained about the discoloration and distortion on my right cheek, her response was "Im going to have a heart attack." If you like being belittled and paying a lot of money for poor results, she's your gal.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2012

Excellent. Completely helpful and honest.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2009

Dr. Cela is GREAT! She picked up a melanoma immediately. She has great bedside manner. Extremely knowledgable. Wonderful sense of humor. Helpful ideas about health in general. Best of all my docs.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2008

It was the most regretful experience in my life. The waiting room is very small you can hear everything from the front desk. Dr.Cela came out of the examination room and she started talking about her patient to the medical assistant. It is unethical and also is against HEPPA paients privatecy law. The staff nor the Doctor should talk about a patient on hallway or the front desk because you are disclosing personal information for the other patients to hear. What she was saying about that patient it wasn't nice either. Oh and by the way my visit was a waste of time she wasn't helpful.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2008

Dr. Anita Cela's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Stony Brook, School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)