Ratings for Dr. Janis E. Keeton

Based on a comment that Dr. Keeton rushed a patient to a C-section, I feel the need to share my experience. I had my oldest daughter in February 2011 and Dr. Keeton was on board with my all natural birth plan from the start. She spent a LOT of time talking over the plan with us at each appointment. When I went into labor and arrived at the hospital, Dr. Keeton had prepped the L&D team and they all knew our plan for natural birth. It was obvious that the expectation was to uphold this and the staff (including Dr. K) did everything they could for the next 23 hours to help us have a natural birth. Unfortunately, my cervix would not cooperate and we had to have a C-section, but this was only after exhausting every possible alternative. I knew without a shadow of a doubt that every effort was made to preserve my birth plan. We were not rushed and Dr. Keeton and the L&D staff cheered us along during the hardest moments. I will be forever grateful.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2013

Dr Keeton is amazing!!! She is very straight forward and compassionate at the same time. I was diabetic with my third pregnancy and with her help I delievered a very healthy baby girl. I had my third C-section with a tubal and had the easiest recovery of any of my C-sections. About two months after having my last child, I started having severe back pain called to make sure it was not related to my C-section and or tubal. Brought me right in and did an ultrasound. Found a cyst on my ovary and gave me instructions for the next couple of days. Two days later the pain was getting worse so we scheduled surgery. She did yet another great surgery and even had to remove the ovary! She is an amazing doctor and very knowledgeable in her field!!! I would recommend her to anyone even those with high risk as I was!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2013

Dr Keeton is a great physician and very caring human being. I am embarrassed that some of you accuse her of not treating certain gestational conditions that do not require treatment other than diet and lifestyle modifications. Before you criticize her do some research and get your facts straight. She would go above and beyond for any of her patients and is one of the hardest working women I have ever met. I am glad she has chosen to bless south carolina with her talent and knowledge.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2013

She was highly recommended, but a huge disappointment. We'd often have to wait up to 50 mins for appointments, and then be rushed. My wife went to ER, and although hospital notified her staff, she didnt realize for 10 days (until we told her). She mumbled that she was too busy, yet never apologized. She will not be clear with respect to labs that are not mandatory---especially the expensive ones! She did tell us constantly that in case of c-section, she will remove fibroids... but she didn't after all. We felt rushed to an unwanted c-section (scare tactics: I'll explain later) so the surgery happened a few hours before she left for her Easter holidays. She wasnt available after birth, so another OB GYN helped my wife in that dificult time. Scare tactics: My wife is a young healthy woman, yet she was diagnosed with gest.diabetes (but no insulin treatment), preeclampsia (but my wife asked for second opinion and guess what), and GBS (and surprisingly, no treatment again).

flag | Submitted May 29, 2013

I absolutely Love Dr. Keeton!!!! She's the best OB/Gyn I've ever had!!!! Lost contact information for 4 yrs. reconnected last year & will never part again! Thanks Dr. Keeton for your kindness & caring spirit!!! U're the Best!!!

flag | Submitted August 28, 2012

The best there is! LOve her! Delivered both my kIds! I would never go to anyone else. I've been seen by at least 10 others but there is no comparison.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2012

I love Dr. Keeton. She is an amazing Ob/Gyn. its a blessing having such a great doctor helping me through my first pregnancy.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2011

Very caring. Spends time listening then explaining the treatment plan.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2011

Love Dr. Keeton! Have been her patient for several years now, and she is always so kind and caring.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2011

Dr. Keeton is a true gift from the Lord. Everytime I look at my daughter, I thank God that he sent Dr. Keeton to me. She is smart, caring and very understanding. She is patient and goes out of her way to make you feel at ease. She does not want her patients to worry, she wants to do the worrying for them. She is ANNOINTED in her profession and I just love her!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2011

Dr. Janis E. Keeton's Credentials

• University Of South Carolina School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Top Urgent Care Centers in West Columbia, SC