Ratings for Dr. Alan S. Messinger

I was extremely lucky to have Dr. Messinger recommended to me during my battle with cancer. I never cared for any of my doctors except him. He tells is like it is but knows what he is talking about and truly did have my best interest. It has been 2012 since my last surgery, but I still think about how great he was to me and my family and am forever great-full for the services he provided. He is truly one of a kind and hands down best doctor in Michigan.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

Excellent Plastic surgeon. The work is amazing - have not complaints.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2011

Having breast cancer is devestating but being told you would have to have mastectomies is life altering. Meeting Dr messinger is the only bright spot in the story. His care and encouragement has made all the difference. He gave me my life and self esteem back. Tara and his staff are also the best you could ask for. I thank them all from the bottom of my heart. I would highly recomend Dr Messinger to anyone, he gets an A+++++++ fom me.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2009

Dr. Messenger and his entire staff are a wonderful blend of warmth, fun and friendly personalities, yet also highly competent and professional! I travel from my home near Detroit to Portage for Dr. Messenger's expertise. He is rated "TOP DOC" in my book for his injection techniques with facial fillers and botox, he is simply unrivaled! I have and will continue to recommend Dr. Messenger to family and friends. He is the very best!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2009

I had a mastectomy followed by reconstruction with Dr. Messinger. He didn't always tell me what I wanted to hear, but he ALWAYS gave me the best advice and I have come to value that highly. I am healthier and happier today thanks to his service. He cares greatly for his patients. Tara is the best - like Dr. Messinger, they are both forthright, honest, and helpful. Overall, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2009

I have had a mastectomy and tram-flap reconstruction. Dr. Messinger is not only an extremely skilled surgeon, he is one of the most caring and compassionate doctors that I have ever dealt with. During this very difficult time in my life, I feel he has given me extremely good medical care, as well as very caring support. From my first appointment on, he explained to me what would be happening and what I could expect. He has always kept in very informed and he and his staff have always treated me with the utmost kindness and respect. I am very pleased with the results of my surgery and will return to him in the future, if the need arises. I would highly recommend Dr. Messinger to anyone in need of his artistic skills.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2009

I was in a severe motorcycle accident in Sept. 08. Dr. Alan Messinger was one of 8 surgeons involved in my recovery. He was the best health care provider out of everyone. I had over 200 facial fractures, broken wrists and left knee damage. He alone without a team of surgeons spent over 8 long hours of surgery to reconstruct my face. He preformed three different procedures on my left knee. I owe my life to him. He is the most dedicated doctor I have ever met. He truly cares about his patients feelings. He is a very innovative Plastic surgeon. I cannot speak highly enough of him. Dr.Messinger put his heart and sole into giving me the best possible health care known to man. Without his skills, I would not be able to look into the mirror,see, or walk again. His staff are very friendly and professional. I will never be able to repay this Dr. for what he has given to me.I can only hope that if you are in need, you will be blessed enough to have him as your doctor. THANK GOD FOR DR.MESSINGER

flag | Submitted July 12, 2009

I am a 5 year Breast Cancer survivor, and through this horrendous experience I have endured many procedures along with a long list of doctors. One of which I feel truly think has made a difference in my life, Dr. Alan Messinger. Not only have I benefited from his expertise with my reconstruction, but from his caring and nurturing bedside manner. Dr. Messinger was very understanding and caring, he listened to all my concerns and questions, gave me the space I needed to be able to find a inter peace from the trauma of losing my breasts and showed empathy to me and to my situation. His staff is very helpful with addressing any issues you might have. His nurse Tara is a wonderful and compassionate person. Dr. Messinger has given me what my disease has taken away, confidence and the ability to feel beautiful. This is why I cannot emphasize enough that is someone is in need of a plastic surgeon for any reason, to see Dr. Alan Messinger.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2009

Dr. Messinger has a very dry bed side mannor. He did my husbands surgery, well needless to say we would not go back to him again. He does not listen to client, or family members. Nothing like wam bam thank ya man. Thats what the last office visit was like.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2009

I had a tummy tuck, and my body was disfigured greatly. The doctor was not too concerned, would not offer to fix.This doctor has no "bed side manor" plastic surgery is an art and can not sue for bad art. my previous scar, running the opposite way did not stretch as he thought it would. So, after he found that out, why did he do anything? I have a flat stomach with a hugh pooch, making it impossible to have jeans fit. And i had to have another surgery (of course i picked another dr!) because of the massive infection i recieved from dr. messinger free of charge. It is such a mess, i do not have a belly button anymore. Messinger..mess.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2009

Dr. Alan S. Messinger's Credentials

• Univ Of Il Coll Of Med, Chicago Il 60680 (Grad. 1981)