Ratings for Dr. Paul G. Hagood

Waited 1 1/2 hours then gave up and left. Next visit, the nurse had no idea why the follow up appointment had been made. Was sent to lab for a test, but lab did not have paperwork. After another wait while Hagood's office was called, I was asked to sign a medicare waiver for totally unrelated tests. This office is too disorganized to be safe and should not be allowed to operate.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

flag | Submitted April 30, 2014

I have been seeing Dr Hagood for approx 9 months for Prostrate cancer. Treatment is becoming more aggressive as things become more serious...i find he and his staff very professional and very caring. Always given a straight answer whether in person or on the phone..I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2013

Dr Haygood did not catch a severe infection caused during surgery, that lead to major complications...

flag | Submitted September 12, 2011

Dr. Hagood is soft spoken. Don't confuse this for uncaring. He has the patience of Job. He answered all my questions, and made sure I understood. He is the best surgeon I have ever had. When you have to wait a bit on him, just remember, next time it may be you he is taking the extra time with.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2011

Went to Dr. Haygood thinking I had an infection, see was able to determine that I had a form of Testicular Cancer called an inmature teratoma. Thought I would be in for a short office visit and ended up getting admitted for surgery that night. The pain level never exceeded a 2 on a scale of 1-10. The next day following my discharge after a testicle was removed I was able to go back to work. He got it all too. I kind of feel guilty when I say "I am a Cancer Survivor" because Dr. Haygood made it seem as hassle free as getting your teeth cleaned. He is awesome and volunteers as a Scoutmaster. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2010

Just as a side note to the person with the abnormal kidneys. When looking at a scan you expect to find a horse, not a zebra. Abnormalities are not something that everyone expects and therefore not immediately diagnosed as a possibility. As for my treatment, couldn't have been better! Very helpful, professional man. I've been in his care for a while and wouldn't be with anyone else! On another side note: Of course he has an opinion, he has every right to. He's the one that has the knowledge and the experience, not me. I want a doctor that is decisive and makes the best solutions/decisions for my best care. Not one that makes decisions based on how they will effect my "feelings".

flag | Submitted March 2, 2010

The frount office lady is so nice and helpful.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2009

bedside mantters are awful.told me i had a mass on my kidney.after 5 ct scans went to okc.found out i was born with 3 kidneys and 3 ureter tubes. guess he didn't know what he was looking at. neither did ponca city hospital.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2008

I went to this doctor some time ago and will never go again. His bedside manners sucked. He was crude, fearful, no understanding. Will write prescription for drugs and walk out of room. Doesn't seem to have time for his patients. He does not listen to patients very opinionated! I could not find his name in the new Ponca City, OK phone book. Did he leave town?

flag | Submitted July 1, 2008

Dr. Paul G. Hagood's Credentials

• Saint Louis University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

Tufts