Ratings for Dr. Gregory J. Potts

Dr Potts, Kali Edwards and the staff are WONDERFUL! I have been very, very pleased as their patient since I moved to Louisville, KY. I couldn't say enough great things about all of them. Kathy Lewis

flag | Submitted November 21, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Potts for years--he is very knowledgable and caring MD. I also have seen his nurse practitioners Shelia Thornberry and Kali Edwards both are excellent and caring individuals. I have had several issues and they did not ignore my concerns. Everyone always treated me with the outmost courtesy. Jeanette in the office is the sweetest person ever--she always remembers that I had a heart attack and asks me how I am doing. Wouldn't go anywhere else for my care!

flag | Submitted March 13, 2013

have been a patient of Dr. Potts since he was on 3rd st. that is along time my grandmother WAS his patient,my father,my kids,my mom, needless to say almost my whole family we all trusted him in hindsight that was a BIG regretful mistake my grandmother & dad died being his patients my mom has stopped seeing him because if its not him being rude its his NEW staff they treat you like you are a bother & beneath them when if it was NOT for patients they wouldnt have a job & most of them need to find a new proffession definatley NOT with sick or injured people but my story is awful through 6 MRIs found several serious things wrong with my back he sent me to a surgeon that i wouldnt let cut my toe nails much less on my back so long story short i have been on numerous types of pain meds for 10+ years in May he signed disability forms then the first week of June droped me as a patient found new doc but cant get in til Oct i will be in pain & sick due to lack of meds & could die HOW UNETHICAL!!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2011

Love him! I have had back problems for years and have been misdiagnosed, blown off and told nothing was wrong with me. It took 6 months for me to get a new patient appt with him but it was worth the wait. He took me seriously and ran the proper tests and got me a correct diagnosis and referred me to a specialist when it was time.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2011

Dr. Potts is amazing! He takes the time to listen and explain his diagnosis. At times, his staff can be really unhelpful but as far as this rating goes and as a doctor, he deserves an A++.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2011

My family and I have been seeing Dr. Potts for the past 8 years. The first few years all was wonderful. But there has been a steady decline in the care we have received from his office. We rarely get to see him anymore and are most often referred to see the np - Sheila, who has misdiagnosed me and my spouse several times now. To the point we have had to return to receive a second diagnosis or had to go to the ER or Urgent Care weeks later for the same problem. When you do get to see Dr. Potts, which is usually a 3 week wait at the least, he is very down to earth and knowledgeable, but it is very rare to see him anymore. The office staff is horrible and completely rude. They act as if they are bothered by a patience presence and have little time to help. Trying to get a refilled prescript called in is impossible. They loose messages or just plain don't call and then blame the pharmacist - ridiculous and sad but time to find another doctor for our family.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2010

I would not refer ANYONE to go to Greg Potts for ANYTHING. He was referred to my family by a family friend, and we all have had bad experiences especially with the staff and with the doctor himself.. when we even saw him. I have been to the office four times in two years, and not once have I even met him. He never came in to the room. The nurse practioner Sheila Throneberry was rude, quick and inpersonal. She just looked at the chart for two minute, no eye contact with me, and misdiagnosed a severe condition that I had due to an injury, that has only progressed to a worse state for me. The office also mis-diagnosed a severe lung condition my mother had. They diagnosed an enlarged heart, which she did not have. Instead, she was in the early stages of Whooping cough when it still would have been detectable. Couple that with my nerve damage, and our care from the office of Dr. Gregory Potts and nurse Sheila Throneberry get a flying "F" for there failures to properly treat us.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2010

Dr. Potts is an excellent doctor. He listens and asks questions so he can figure out what is wrong or so he can send you to the specialist. Doctors are human and depend on the patients to tell them specifics of the problems they are having so they can help them. I took my son to him for a foot injury and he went over other things that my son should know about and watch for - in all the years with the same peditrician he never went over that stuff with my son. When my husband had to have emergency surgery out of state, we were able to call Dr. Potts and have him return our call quickly when we were trying to decide what to do. He is the best doctor my family and I have ever had. He is caring and never rushes you. I recomm

flag | Submitted January 9, 2010

Dr. Gregory J. Potts's Credentials

• University Of Louisville School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

Oxford