Ratings for Dr. John Gillett

He was thorough, had a good sense of humour, and never made me feel uncomfortable. I've seen him a few times, and he wouldn't let any staff talk to me like I wasn't a person. He may come off ignorant, but I think he's just an acquired taste. He's a good doctor, and knew instantly what to do. 5/5

flag | Submitted July 2, 2016

I find Dr.Gillette to be very caring and kind. He is straight up with you and will ask you questions. I feel as though he really takes your feelings and beliefs into consideration and really cares. He has a sense of humour that maybe not all will appreciate. I sure do though. I would definitely recommend him!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

Should not be a doctor!! Could not diagnose the most obvius things. Obnoxious, poor hygiene and grooming. Get rid of this guy!!!!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2015

Worst doctor I have ever experienced. Threw a temper tantrum because I asked simple questions he could not answer. Rude, sarcastic, immature, incompetent. No knowledge or common sense. Very poor judgment. Talked about my medical problems with other staff so loud that people across the hallway could hear - I was so embarrassed. Should be sent back to Africa!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

Terrible. Incompetent "doctor". What a joke!!!!!

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

I spent 41 days in the hospital on account of this doctor's error. He misdiagnosed a lung infection which could have been fatal had it been left any longer. Had to have 2 surgeries and now have a 10 inch scar on my left side. Definitely should not be allowed to practice! he is unintelligent, sarcastic, makes tasteless jokes, and very rude.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

My comments are as everyone else. This quack should not be called a doctor. I worked 2 jobs sitting at a desk and starting noticing huge lumps and swelling in my left leg. I know they are some kind of clots. He just looked at my weight and told me to walk more! On another occassion he sent me for some blood work. Two weeks later I went back to get the results of the tests that were done. He kept going over and over the hundreds of results looking for something. I was worried and asked what was wrong. His reply "you're overweight but all of your test results are normal" . I still have clots, swelling, pain in my leg. Can't get another doctor as none are taking new patients. My dad had bone marrow cancer and this "doctor" said there was nothing wrong with him- " he was only retaining water" and prescribed a water pill!!! Maybe if he had listened, my dad would still be alive. He died when he was 63.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

I can't say anything bad about Dr. Gillett. He is very straight and to the point, helpful and knowledgeable. On more than one occasion he has phoned me himself to go over test results and is always willing to squeeze you in if a problem arises. Great doctor, I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2014

He is a great physician who goes above and beyond for the people of Grande Cache.We are very lucky to have him.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2014

Dr. Gillette is our family doctor, he is caring and efficient and a very personable person. I highly recommend Dr. Gillette. He is hands down the best doctor I've ever had!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2013