Ratings for Dr. Shelly J. Mcquone

Dr. McQuone (ma-kew-in) is wonderful. She is kind, caring, and patient. Yes, she runs very late most of the time. Usually that would be enough for me to find another doc but not in this case. Just bring a book, iPad, knitting, whatever and make up your mind to relax in the waiting room. Just know that whatever your appt time is, it's likely you'll wait an hour in the waiting room. Google her and you'll see her credentials are extremely impressive. She did sinus surgery and septoplasty on me. I could have been better prepared for the surgery and recovery. If you're taking that route just read some blogs to get a realistic idea of what you might experience. Go see Dr. McQuone - she's worth it.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

Dr. McQuone is a great ENT doctor. She is also caring and personable. Her staff are professional and personable. She eases your fears of sinus surgery, side effects, etc. She also have a great allergist there in the practice. I would refer anyone to see Dr. McQuone. Elley Dreher.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2013

my appointment was at 2:45, at 3:45 I asked how much longer was the wait, they told me I was next. Several people came in at we seen in 10 minutes or less. At, 4:45 3 other patients left the waiting room saying they had waiting over 2 hours. I asked for my money back and to cancel the appointment. 2 other people in the waiting room announced that they were there longer than me (over 2 hours). Then, the receptionist said it took me over an hour to fill out my paperwork. Uh, Hell no! It took me about 7 minutes. I looked at the clock when I finish and that's how I know. The office manager said that the doctors are surgeons and they get busy...Uh, so my time isn't important? Now, reading some of the other comments I see that this office is notoriously running behind and if you get an afternoon appointment you can expect a wait from 10 minutes to 3 hours. Not worth it. Sorry.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2013

Great Doctor. Performed surgery on me for Sleep Apnea issues. She is EXCELLENT and will take care of you without any issues.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2010

excellent bedside manner, very professional--the staff made me very comfortable.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2010

Dr. McQuone was recommended by a family member and 2 friends: I do not regret my decision. Exceptionally knowledgeable, with a winning bedside manner-who'da thought the two could be found in one doctor? Go Figure!

flag | Submitted August 12, 2009

Dr. Shelly J. Mcquone's Credentials

• University Of Virginia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

HealthFirst