Ratings for Dr. Mark H. Ratner

I cannot comment on how intelligent Dr. Ratner is but it does not matter to me. He was so mean to me that I would take my chances on an unknown doctor rather than speak to him ever again. I called the office because I was having a difficult recovery from a procedure days earlier. Unfortunately, Dr. Ratner was on call when I was in a lot of pain and needed help. I had a fairly quick and simple question but he was clearly angry that I bothered him and refused to help. When I apologized for bothering him in hopes he might calm down and help me (since I was in extreme agony) he said, "call the office tomorrow" and THEN HE HUNG UP immediately! It was really humiliating to be almost begging for help and the dr just hung up. I had a legitimate question about taking additional medicine to help me cope until the next day. I am lucky that I see Dr. White but this experience scares me if I need help in the future when Dr. Ratner is on call.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2010

This doctor is experienced and knowledgable, but lacks good "people" skills. The patient has to press him for explanation. His staff and nurses, on the other hand, were friendly.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2009

Great Doctor, but the front office is rude and incompetent. I would suggest another doctor based on his staff.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2008

Dr. Mark H. Ratner's Credentials

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)

Harvard-Pilgrim