Ratings for Dr. Tina C. Bunch

I had been referred to Dr. Bunch by a wonderful Dr. I have arthritis and the pain in my right hip in particular is severe. My hip is swollen all the time causing me to look like I have a tumor on that side. I also have fibromyalgia. She barely spoke to me, ordered an MRI and said it must be inflammation & should go away...she seemed to want me to just leave her office. Literally, she did not say more than a sentence and proceeded to get up to leave the room. I did not bother to ask her why she clearly had no interest in conversing with a patient. - I just left. Of course, now I must start over to find a Dr. as I have no interest in giving my hard earned money and time to a Dr. that showed no interest much less even baseline empathy.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

Dr. Tina C. Bunch

Dr. Tina C. Bunch's response
Hello - Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I will visit with the doctor and the Clinic Manager to discuss your concerns. I hope you will grant us another opportunity so we can provide you with utmost customer service at ARC. I would be happy to assist you in any way. Please contact Robin E., ARC’s Provider and Patient Relations Manager, at 512-231-5500 if you would like to further discuss your concerns. Thank you

Submitted August 6, 2015

I went to see her for fibromyalgia. She clearly didn't care one bit. She prescribed drugs and lab tests and seemed like she couldn't get out of the room fast enough.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

Dr. Tina C. Bunch

Dr. Tina C. Bunch's response
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Austin Regional Clinic relies on feedback such as your to help determine where improvements are needed. I apologize if Dr. Bunch came across as uncaring. I am sure it was not her intention to do so. Many times physicians require test results before making a diagnosis. I will visit with the doctor and the Clinic Manager to discuss your concerns. I hope you will grant us another opportunity so we can provide you with utmost customer service at ARC. Please contact ARC’s Provider and Patient Relations Manager, Robin E. at 512-231-5500 if you would like to further discuss your concerns.

Submitted June 11, 2015

I have been seeing Dr Bunch since Sept 2009. I give ALL doctors 1-2 visits to convince me that I should continue with them. There are PLENTY of other excellent doctors in Austin. I knew from my first visit, that Dr Bunch and I would get along just fine. She is one of the most thorough AND compassionate doctor I have ever seen. Kudos Dr Bunch!!!!!

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

I have seen Dr. Bunch a couple of times over the years. The first time was for a tennis elbow and she fixed me right up! Most recently it was for inflammation in my hands. I have been so impressed with how down to earth she is and matter of fact. If you want someone to hold your hand and send you rainbows, she might not be your girl, BUT-I trust her and that she knows her stuff. My son has JRA and I think she far outshines the doctor he has had for years. Her staff is super and nice and incredibly efficient. I would recommend her (and have) to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2013

She hasn't read any recent studies or abstracts about fibromyalgia, obviously. After three years of being oddly passive agressive, she wrote on my record at the last visit "I don't believe in fibromyalgia". What if I had not read that? Explains a lack of sympathy or treatment offerings.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2012

Wow...unbelievably bad experience. If you have a complex case, go somewhere else. Office staff is excellent.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2011

I went to my GP because I have been feeling sore in my hips and ankles after my pregnancy (it's been 4 months). He did some blood tests and his nurse called me to tell me I had RA. I didn't know what it was and when I looked it up I was devastated. I was referred to Dr. Bunch. She came in and listened to me, looked at my tests and said I didn't have RA, just inflammation. She checked my joints and said I was healthy. She recommended I get my cholesterol checked, b/c sometimes that causes inflammation. She was pretty thorough, listened to me and my symptoms. The only improvement that could have been made was is she could have recommended something to do for the pain in my hips and ankles.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2011

I was referred to Dr. Bunch for arthritis. I have a rare blood disorder also, so I have to be very careful what meds I take. She prescribe that I take a med that I was very specifically told by my primary physician not to take as I am on blood thinners. I pointed this out to her, and she said "oh it won't hurt you". Needless to say, I didn't take it and I called my primary doctor when I got home and he very emphatically said NO. . .don't take it. I felt the whole time I was seeing Dr. Bunch that she was not even remotely listening to me. I also have fibromyalgia and if she had told me to see a psychiatrist like the last person to post here, I would have just walked out. To me, that was as bad as prescribing dangerous meds.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2010

I would highly recommend Dr. bunch to anyone!!!! She And her staff have gone above and beyond to help me with every aspect of my health concerns.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2010

I am very happy with Dr. Bunch. I like her direct, no-nonsense approach and appreciate that she listens to me and allows me to make choices about my care (and, invariably, I come around to realize that her advice was the way to go). I highly recommend her if you want a doctor who treats you with respect and honesty.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2009

Dr. Tina C. Bunch's Credentials

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 2000)