Ratings for Dr. Johan Meyer

Best doctor in the world! He has helped me and my family so much!! Thank you

flag | Submitted May 1, 2018

It took me months to decide to leave my old family doctor, and go with Dr. Meyer instead. I was looking for a fresh input into my treatment, because I felt my current doctor and I had been together so long, that we weren’t hearing each other anymore, much like an old married couple lol. I spoke repeatedly with him about my illnesses, and that it was chronic, not perhaps that satisfying to treat, but I was looking for someone who was willing to try new things, so I could have better life quality . He was very positive, and willing to take me on. It still took me well over a year to switch over, my gut was not feeling good about it ? I should have known when some of these cosmetic procedures started going hay wire, and I’d look like a blowfish and had to pop benedryl by the handfuls. He told me I had gotten allergic . Strangely, getting injecting with the very same substance at another doctors office now for over two years? No, reaction what so ever! Explain that ! He has misdiagnosed me several times. I had a knee injury, that was so painful I could literally not walk. Without more than a glance, he gave me muscle relaxants and told me it would 100% be gone in two weeks ! When I came back two weeks later, with the help of my hubby, my lower leg was mow twice the size it was before, way way worse than the first time, I saw him. But he can never admit to be wrong! Not ever ? He told me again the only thing wrong, was the swelling but if it made me feel better? Go see those sportdoctors 🙄 I did - the same day ! Sure enough, the were not impressed with the " nothing is wrong" diagnosis and wanted me in a specialty leg rave for up to three months ! It has left me with a indentation in my calf, who Meyer says, will go away as well ! He has never given me a physical, or changed anything my old doc did..At best did some referrals .He acts as if he has lots of knowledge, sadly, when I go home to research most of it ? Its way off when it comes to my issues. As a person, he is a nice man. As a doctor ? The worst mistake I've made, and it's not like we have our choices of just finding another doctor if we are unhappy is it ? We are unhappy and stuck :(

Submitted January 31, 2018

Dr. Meyer has been our family Dr for close to 10 years. He has always been great about sending referrals. He is knowledgeable and personable. I trust him immensely. He really seems to care about his patients. He is always easy to get in to. Usually same day or the next day.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2018

Took mt Room Mate to the Fort Macleod E.R. on December the 3rd. Dr. Meyer did more for my Room mate in one Visit, then 3 or 4 other Doctors did on 3 plus weeks. Shows he cares for the Patients more, then for the almighty dollar. Perhaps it is worth to travel to Coaldale to get him as a Doctor. In my opinion, Dr. Meyer saved my Room mates life

flag | Submitted December 5, 2017

Absolutely outstanding! Two words to describe not only Dr.Meyer's mannerism but also his genuine care and concern for his patients. I trust his knowledge and expertise with not only myself but both of my children. By far the best GP in Southern Alberta!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

After visiting Dr Meyer about a skin irritation I had on my face, his simple prescription was to just put hydrocortisone cream on it and it would "go away." Because I trusted in his knowledge, I kept doing this for years. It would never really go away but I thought I was doing what was right. Recently I decided to see another doctor about it and it turns out that it's peri oral dermatitis and that hydrocortisone cream is the absolute worst thing you could put on it. In fact it helps it grow even more. Dr Meyer obviously doesn't really care about me. Or he has no clue what he's doing. I'm even more frustrated that I kept doing what he told me to for years and trusting what the doctor told me rather than following my gut instinct.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Dr. Meyer has been our family doctor for almost 10 years. In that time he has always been thoughtful, thorough and willing to seek another timely opinion. He and his staff were so kind when my husband was diagnosed with an abdominal aneurysm Nov/16 that required immediate surgery. Despite our panic they remained professional and compassionate. All staff gave us the extra time needed to explain upcoming procedures. Dr. Meyer referred my husband to an exceptional vascular surgeon in the Calgary Peter Lougheed Hospital; Dr. Paul Petrasek. Surgery was done one Dec 22nd and we were home for Christmas! Dr. Meyer's quick response avoided a potentially disastrous outcome; we thank him with all our heart!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

He is super amazing and always helpful. He is always understanding, and willing to try new courses of treatment

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

Dr Meyer has always been so helpful, and prompt. He is on time (if not early) he is very thorough. He always listens. He is relatable and always makes me feel welcome even if I see him 3x a week with something new. I would definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

Completely unhelpful - has requested "follow-up appointments" for NO reason (just to get paid from AHS I guess). Has written me prescriptions for strong anti depressants without doing a background investigation and simply doing what I ask of him. He simply scares me as a doctor - I would never trust my or my family's health in his hands again.

Submitted December 15, 2016