Ratings for Dr. Johan Meyer

Took mt Room Mate to the Fort Macleod E.R. on December the 3rd. Dr. Meyer did more for my Room mate in one Visit, then 3 or 4 other Doctors did on 3 plus weeks. Shows he cares for the Patients more, then for the almighty dollar. Perhaps it is worth to travel to Coaldale to get him as a Doctor. In my opinion, Dr. Meyer saved my Room mates life

flag | Submitted December 5, 2017

Absolutely outstanding! Two words to describe not only Dr.Meyer's mannerism but also his genuine care and concern for his patients. I trust his knowledge and expertise with not only myself but both of my children. By far the best GP in Southern Alberta!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

After visiting Dr Meyer about a skin irritation I had on my face, his simple prescription was to just put hydrocortisone cream on it and it would "go away." Because I trusted in his knowledge, I kept doing this for years. It would never really go away but I thought I was doing what was right. Recently I decided to see another doctor about it and it turns out that it's peri oral dermatitis and that hydrocortisone cream is the absolute worst thing you could put on it. In fact it helps it grow even more. Dr Meyer obviously doesn't really care about me. Or he has no clue what he's doing. I'm even more frustrated that I kept doing what he told me to for years and trusting what the doctor told me rather than following my gut instinct.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Dr. Meyer has been our family doctor for almost 10 years. In that time he has always been thoughtful, thorough and willing to seek another timely opinion. He and his staff were so kind when my husband was diagnosed with an abdominal aneurysm Nov/16 that required immediate surgery. Despite our panic they remained professional and compassionate. All staff gave us the extra time needed to explain upcoming procedures. Dr. Meyer referred my husband to an exceptional vascular surgeon in the Calgary Peter Lougheed Hospital; Dr. Paul Petrasek. Surgery was done one Dec 22nd and we were home for Christmas! Dr. Meyer's quick response avoided a potentially disastrous outcome; we thank him with all our heart!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

He is super amazing and always helpful. He is always understanding, and willing to try new courses of treatment

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

Dr Meyer has always been so helpful, and prompt. He is on time (if not early) he is very thorough. He always listens. He is relatable and always makes me feel welcome even if I see him 3x a week with something new. I would definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

Completely unhelpful - has requested "follow-up appointments" for NO reason (just to get paid from AHS I guess). Has written me prescriptions for strong anti depressants without doing a background investigation and simply doing what I ask of him. He simply scares me as a doctor - I would never trust my or my family's health in his hands again.

Submitted December 15, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Meyer's for over a decade now. Recently, he's held up my life insurance application for OVER TWO MONTHS because he "doesn't receive the information" or "needs to see me". I've been out there twice to see him and now he has to "see me" again to fill out the forms with him (because as a Dr he can't fill out forms?!?!). Do not go to this doctor - ever - for anything. So extremely disappointed that this is how he treats a ten-year patient.

Submitted December 14, 2016

I was completely dismissed as candidate for cosmetic procedure over the phone. Although after reading the comments on his procedures perhaps I am better off. I will not recommend nor pass this clinic along to anyone.

Submitted April 29, 2016

I never have any issues getting in to see him last minute, compared to some friends that have to wait weeks to get in to see theirs. Has been great with dealing with my allergies and was willing to try injections as a form to help with my severe environmental allergies. He always listens to my concerns and makes me feel welcomed, remembers my family and always asks about them. His nurses have changed a bit over the years I've been seeing them but they have all been great as well!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016