Ratings for Dr. Anna Chomej

Dr. Chomej is very knowledgeable and makes you feel comfortable during examinations. I have not had to wait long to see her either. The older receptionist at the front, however, is not very pleasant. I notice she started to be nicer to me once I started speaking Polish with her.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

My family doctor referred me as I had problem that needed surgery. Unfortunately this" specialist "does not work in any hospital and does not operate. I had to see another gynaecologist that could do my surgery. This was frustrating, took a lot of extra time , repeat of tests, and waiting till my needed surgery was done I will never go back to her as she is limited , does not operate i.e. does not work out of the hospitals at all. My family doctor said he did not know that she is is not on staff of any hospital and that she does not operate on her patients. Is that not what gynaecologists do/ What a run around

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

I had an excellent experience with Dr. Anna Chomej. I had a procedure done in her office and she was extremely gentle and professional. She answered all of my questions and made sure I was comfortable. Worth any wait time.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2016

The receptionist is definitely a kind person, as well as Dr. Chomej. Dr. Chomej is very kind and definitely takes the time to explain things to you. She made me feel very comfortable and was very reassuring.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2016

Always excuses for everything!!! Not able to find problem and solution. Not very caring Doctor...Doesn't know how to explain issue and comfort patient. I will definitely look for more professional gynecologist!!!!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2016

Same receptionist. Rude and disrespectful. Doctor is nice but not the receptionist.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

To everyone complaining about the receptionist, she has gotten a new one! Dr. chomej performed my first pap smear and it was a good experience. She explained all the steps and made me feel comfortable. She also gave me complimentary birth control pills. She has good bedside manners and is caring.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2015

Dr chomej knows her work. But her receptionist don't know how to deal with people and plus she like dealing with her own speaking people. I tell everyone not to see her until she don't change her receptionist.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2015

I was put in on a Saturday on a cancellation. Did not have to wait at all. Dr. Chomej was lovely, very helpful and made sure I was comfortable. She was very knowledgeable and answered any question I had. Great experience!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2015

I waited 30 mins before seeing her, but it was definitely worth the wait.The waiting time has gotten better, but it is still far from perfect. Keep in mind that she is a specialist so the demand to see her is very high. I was very understanding with the wait because I work at an eye clinic and sometimes appointments get pushed forward. It is not always the doctors fault, some patients need a longer time to be seen. Also, I noticed that the receptionist has gotten tremendously friendlier the last time I was there. Anyways, Dr. Chomej was professional with me because she took her time to listen and wrote down everything I said. We chatted for quite while about my symptoms, etc. Next, she performed a pelvic exam on me and I was so nervous! It was my first time getting one, but she made me feel extremely comfortable. The examination did not hurt at all, which meant that her clinical skills were great. After that, she told me that she would want to test my blood work and have an updated pelvic ultrasound. She thoroughly explained why I needed these tests and it made me feel that she very knowledgeable in gynecology. I also was impressed that she graduated from a prestigious medical school (McMaster University). She also gave me a free sample of birth control pills (3 months) which was really sweet of her. I wanted to try birth control bills for the first time and she took that into consideration and gave me an appropriate brand to try. I look forward to seeing her again in May. Great doctor.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2015