Ratings for Dr. Edward G. Mendelson

Dr Mendelson saved my life and my daughters life. I went in for my 27 week check up only to discover that My blood pressure was too high and the fetus was in distress. He called an ambulance and had me rushed to the medical center where they performed an emergency c-section. My daughter was only 2 lbs 3oz but she pulled thru. She's now 8 years old and a handful. So I am grateful for Dr Mendelson. He. Doesn't have very good bed side manners but he is very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

I was very unhappy i aways went over due and with my third i told him my water was leaking and he didn't even examine me!and i was contractiong i want a week and went bk and he sent me to induce me right away !!! I am blesed my aughter and i didn't die from a infection I wouldnt trust this man with a dog health! I should have sued the pants off him!

flag | Submitted November 17, 2010

Dr. Mendelson is the best!!!!. He has delivered all three of my children, and taken care of my mother. I have two daughters and trust him to take care od them as well. He is a limiteless source of gynecological knowledge. His staff compliment his works as well. I recommend this gynocologist to everyone. Try him you'll love him.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2010

In 1975 I was advised to have a hysterectomy to control / stop my very heavy periods. I was 24 years old. The surgery was done at York Finch Hosp in Toronto. I have since been diagnosed as having a congenital platelet function disorder that prevents normal coagulation when I have any kind of a bleed. The meds today that help control bleeding were possibly not available back in 1975 but I have always questioned why the surgery was so quickly considered as being the only solution to the problem. Why was I never referred to a hematologist?

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

regarding Dr. mendelson, he operated on me at the age of 20, did a total hystorectemy on me which was NOT NEEDED, i spent 8 months in the hospital with a stroke, heart problems, due to what he had done to me. After the operation, he never came to see me in my room or the ICU, I was taken back into the OR by 2 other doctors who fixed his almost fatal mistake as i was bleeding to death, this was all done at York-Finch hospital in Toronto Canada(which is not shown as his previous work place) Myself and 3 other women all got very ill and we were told that he had fled from canada as there was 4 malpractice suits against him. I was told by my lawyer years ago, he can not be braught back into Canada, Since's hes protected by Texan laws. BE EXTREMELY CAREFULL of him!! Due to him to this day, i have NEVER recovered fully, as i have had serious operations after his hysterectomy DUE to the hysterectomy mal practice.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2009

Simply put: 2 years ago this doctor tried to scare me to death and then wanted to do a complete hysterectomy on me ASAP. I went to a medical center doctor who removed the benign tumor and kept my parts intact. I would never trust mendelson with my health.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2008

Excellent surgeon, very poor bedside manner. Expect long waits both in the waiting room and in the exam room. Staff makes up for some of his personal deficits, but I'll not return to him after my (successful) surgery. It's difficult to ask questions because he's brusque and interrupts. But again, excellent surgeon; if you want bedside manner, go to another doc.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2008

Dr. Edward G. Mendelson's Credentials

• Univ Of Toronto, Fac Of Med, Toronto, Ont, Canada (Grad. 1964)

MSP/BC Med