Ratings for Dr. Albert H. Capanna

Dr Capanna was very negligent in treating my daughter who recently was at UMC for complications with her VP Shunt for hydrocephalus. I won’t go into detail other than if I didn’t go to the Chief of Staff he probably would have sent her home. She ended up having a severe staph infection and had to undergo major surgery. One of them brain surgery. So thankful he wasn’t her surgeon. After what I’ve found on the internet he shouldn’t be allowed to practice anymore! Many lawsuits!

flag | Submitted November 25, 2017

My son fell and cracked his skull causing a brain hemorrhage. Dr. Capanna was the on-call Doc that night and thank God, because I truly believe the only reason my son made it through was because of him!! Every time he checked on him after surgery he played with him and got down to his level and really tried to be gentle with him. You can tell he really loves children. Thank you for your compassion doctor.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

My husband almost died, & Dr. Capanna saved his life. This doctor has a heart, he is compassionate, and kind. He is a very intelligent Dr., but doesn't belittle you. His staff is competent, and friendly. Appointments have been on time. What more could you ask for? Thank you Doctor.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2013

Dr. Capanna is a wonderful surgeon!!! He saved my mother's life. He is a very knowledgeable Doctor and has a very nice bed side manner.. We were grateful to have him as our surgeon.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2013

Great surgeon and kind man. I highly recommend him.Thank you Doc.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2010

Dr. Capanna saved my wife's life when she suffered a brain hemorrhage in 2001. His knowledge of medicine was the reason. Dr. Jussa assisted. Thank you both and God bless you both. Dr. Capanna's nurse was wonderful.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2010

Dr. Albert H. Capanna's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1974)

HealthPartners