Ratings for Dr. Marya Gendzielewski

If you want to be berated and criticized and leave the office in tears, then by all means, go see Dr G. She may be knowledgable but lacks basic skills of human interaction. My last visit with her was all about my reproductive system, not my actual endocrine diseases. She was not happy that I only lost 102lbs in 8 months since my bariatric surgery. Lied to me and said I had only lost 8lbs since I last saw her a few months ago when in fact I lost 36. The whole appt was about how I wasn't losing fast enough and that I was doing something wrong because my weight had "plateaued". Clearly she has no training on how to interact with bariatric patients. And she outright suggested I go through medical menopause or get a hysterectomy. Again, nothing was discussed about my thyroid or adrenal insufficiency, it was all about my weight and my uterus. I knew I shouldn't have gone back to her after the last visit when she told me to "grow the F*** up". So if you like to be berated and criticized and blamed for everything, then go see Dr G. But if you want compassion and basic respect, go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2017

I am dealing with a chronic condition. I waited 6 months to be seen, only to be told from this Doctor, that this was my "f***ng lot in life, to deal with it." Then she told me about another patient and proceeded to tell me what she told him. I have NEVER met a doctor so rude with such filthy language. She needs to get a different job, hopefully not dealing with the public. Don't go to her!!!

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

rudest dr i ever met in my entire life..condesding,rude, likes to lecture and has made me cry several times during my visits

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

After dropping this doctor (and that rude receptonist Rita)...i have been seeing another doc. And Im M U C H happier now. What a difference in attitude!! Also my new doc doesnt make me come in every 4 months and make me take lab tests every freeking time!! Why? Coz i dont have a health problem. I dont know what dr. G's problem was! Its like she doesnt trust my perfect health. So glad and relieved i left. Good riddance to her and her R U D E staff!

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

Dr G is a brilliant physician with a ton of experience. True, she does take a bit getting used to but when it comes to internal medicine issues I will go with the Einstein every time. Staff up front needs to lighten up. Like a drill sergeant.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

Rude, condescending....I am looking for a good endocrinologist who is kind and still knows "their stuff". Dr.G was insulting and mocked my symptoms, insinuating I was too fat. My endocrine issue is real and having worked in healthcare , this is the rudest physician I ever had the misfortune to meet. BTW, the one who answers the phone?? Rude as well. Deplorable place, do not go.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

She has poor bedside manners. She uses technical terms not common to the everyday person and gets upset when you ask a question or for further explanation. She gives limited knowledge to her patients and has limited knowledge in the field. Very disappointed with this doctor.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

Dr. Gendzielewski is great! She sits with you & shows genuine care for your needs. But her staff, especially the mean, rude, unprofessional woman at the front desk should find a job where she does not see patients. I am always nervous when I come in, in the room waiting now, and the front desk staff is so rude and uncaring about the patients it gives me anxiety. Even on the phone she talks down to you & can't wait to slam the phone in your ear. If you don't already have an endo, find a diff one. Sorry Dr. G. Your front desk help is forcing me to look elsewhere.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

I am a middle aged woman seeking an Endocrinologist for thyroid issues. My 35 year old son saw an endocrinologist when he was 13 and experiencing adrenal insufficiency, but I could not remember how to spell the Dr.'s name. However, when I went on this site and saw the name and negative reviews, I knew she was the one my son had seen. I would not recommend this physician. She did not help my son, who had clinical symptoms that caused him to be on bed rest for 4 months, but because his lab results were "borderline," he was not treated. He struggled with the symptoms throughout school and his adult life so far. I could never understand why physicians rely on subjective lab tests instead of treating clinical symptoms. When I raised the issue with her, she suggested that I needed to go on Prozac! There was no discussion, period. I also disliked the rude staff and extremely long wait times. Do your physical and emotional well being a favor and go elsewhere!

flag | Submitted October 20, 2013

I couldn't agree more with the negative reviews! I have been going here for years and don't know why! A poor man came into the office by mistake when I was in the waiting room, and the receptionist ripped him a new one! She is always RUDE. Once I made a mistake with a prescription and Dr. G reamed me out. I had to go back in 3 months instead of 6, because "I wasn't responsible enough!". You also better plan on at least 1.5 to 2 hrs of waiting! Go elsewhere, I've had enough abuse!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2012

Dr. Marya Gendzielewski's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Syracuse, Coll Of Med, Syracuse Ny 13210 (Grad. 1985)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Syracuse, NY