Ratings for Dr. Constance J. Bohon

I am a long-time patient of Dr. Bohon, and I would recommend her enthusiastically. She gives highly personalized service. I find her very professional but friendly. She truly seems interested in me and in the way my lifestyle has an impact on my health. Any criticisms or bad news that she has to offer are mentioned gently. I am a great fan of hers!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

The worst gynecologist I've ever been to. First off, it was very difficult to make an appointment because of the horrible staff. I arrived to 10 minutes before my appointment and waited 30 minutes. She was very rude and made nasty comments about my weight. She lectured me about having children in the next couple years like I was running out of time. I want to have children when I am financially stable. She acted very pretentious throughout the whole appointment.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2015

I have been going to Dr. Bohon for the past 5 years and have never been anything but happy with the level of care she provides. My yearly exam is more akin to a yearly physical than just your average pap smear - she goes into eating and exercise habits, caffeine intake, when you plan on having children (and the importance on doing so before you are 35, for your first child at least - which is VERY normal, so I don't understand why the woman who complained earlier thought it was so rude). She also was very comfortable to be around - I typically hate my yearly exam but going to Dr. Bohon has made it much better because of her personality. I am also able to bring up other issues with her and get an honest and frank answer from her - which I find very helpful. Dr. Bohon is direct and straight with her patients. I once even called her office about a concern and asked to have Dr. Bohon call me back, she called back in less than a couple hours to answer my questions - I consider this excellent care, especially in a bigger city like DC. I have to agree that the wait times to get into see Dr. Bohon get out of hand but I think that has a lot more to do with her staff than her.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

I saw Dr. Bohon for my annual check up. She was very rude and condescending when she spoke with me - as if I have never been to a gyn before. I'm 5'3", 110 pounds, 40 years old and very healthy. I'm often mistaken to be much younger than I am. Dr. Bohon basically made me feel like I was obese with her nasty comments. She then proceeded to lecture me about having children soon - that I was basically decrepit and out of time. I know this is going to sound old-fashioned but I'm not even married and have *never* wanted children. All I wanted was to renew my birth control and have my routine tests done, not be berated. The office staff also failed to give me my prescription for my birth control when I paid so I had to call Dr. Bohon's office and beg them to call it into a pharmacy. I will never go back to her.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2011

She performed my fibroid surgery and I healed wonderfully.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2010

Dr Bohon is wonderful knowledgable and patient. She makes you feel extremely comfortable and gives you a complete exam without pushing you off the table for the next client like some doctors do. This practice is very lucky to have her on their staff.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2010

This was the worst OBGYN experience I have ever had. The staff was incompetent and unresponsive to numerous requests to speak with or leave a note for the doctor. Seemed like they were more interested in chitchatting about their personal lives and attending to other patients that came in after me and yet were seen before me. The wait time was over 2 hours, and Dr. Bohon acted as if her lunch time was more important than her patients. Even worse, I asked her to diagnose a problem that I had and she misdiagnosed it! Thank God another doctor caught it and proscribed medicine for it. Never going back again.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2009

Dr. Bohon has always done an excellent job at putting me at ease and discussing intimate gynecological questions without judgment or awkwardness. She also asks the kinds of questions a general practitioner may go through when giving an annual, which makes it a more holistic experience than a simple pap smear. I always leave her office feeling calm and self-assured, whether I go for an annual or for an issue I am worried about. I also try to time it so that I have nothing else to do immediately afterward; the wait time is pretty atrocious, as is the phone accessibility of the staff for purposes of scheduling, lab results, or otherwise. I know I am not the only person with a complaint regarding that aspect, and I do hope that it changes soon. Dr. Bohon is fabulous though.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2008

flag | Submitted June 27, 2008

Dr. Constance J. Bohon's Credentials

• Spanish

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)