Ratings for Dr. Sean D. Toomey

Told me I needed both knees replaced and did the first surgery. Next morning in the hospital he furiously told me he wouldn't touch the other knee because the arthritis was too serious and I was too fat. I was devastated. Instead of getting my life back, I'm disabled and wishing for death. If you're a model or an athlete, you'll probably do fine with him. Everyone else, beware.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2018

Had TKR surgery March 12. Knee had been bone on bone for many years. 4 days after surgery am walking pain free. Can almost straighten the leg, and already have 115 degreee bend. Dr Tomey and his team are outstanding.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2018

I have had two hip replacements by Dr Toomey and have been pleased with both The second was robotic and anterior and the post surgery pain was almost non existent. No pain pills used once I left the hospital Couldn't be happier

flag | Submitted December 15, 2017

Dr Toomey operates on my mother. She now needs her third hip replacement on her left hip - all done by him. He did not follow up with her and completely left her to only talk with his nurses after surgery. After reading other people’s remarks it seems that this happens frequently with him. He only cares about the patient until surgery is complete and then is finished with the patient. My mom had so many problems and he rarely saw her or returned calls. His nurse would return her calls but not very timely. She had to go to wound care post op for months because her wound wouldn’t close. He ignored all of her concerns and was very dismissive. I would NOT recommend this guy to anyone and we will be finding another Dr for her still needed hip surgery!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

Just had my knee replacement surgery with Dr. Toomey. He is a terrific surgeon and I have had a remarkable recovery. He does a great job at pain management which has allowed to work hard at physical therapy to regain my strength and flexibility. I was very impressed with his team and is attention to my needs. I was scared to have this done, waited 10 years. So wish I had found Dr. Toomey sooner and had done this. I will be seeing him again for my other knee. Thank you so much Dr. Toomey!!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

Dr. Toomey did my hip replacement surgery last month and I couldn't be happier with the results. The entire experience was a breeze, ending years of pain. Bravo and many thanks!!

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

My partial knee replacement was malaligned causing need for total knee reoperation within 4 months. Dr. Toomey did not take my legitimate postoperative problems caused by surgery seriously. Very disappointing

flag | Submitted March 4, 2014

Arrogant production hip surgeon who made two significant mistakes as confirmed in post op examinations by other orthopedic surgeons. Beware

flag | Submitted May 11, 2013

Excellent surgeon and staff! Top notch and incredible experience throughout my journey. I highly recommend Sr. Toomey.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2013

Dr. Toomey replaced both of knees - my first almost 5 years ago and my second knee in Feb 2013. He and his nurse Bonnie, are top notch. They know what they're doing and I have had good results. He is not only good but also has a good sense of humor - something not always found with surgeons! Knee replacement is a tough surgery but worth it in the end - just make sure you pick a good surgeon like Dr. Toomey!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

Dr. Sean D. Toomey's Credentials

• Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal