Ratings for Dr. James A. Stoever

This doctor has a God complex and cares little for his patients I had not slept in 26 hours and still insisted I come on or pray a 50 fee. I thought he was first do no harm.. His nurse said well do what ya gotta do we don't care.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

This doctor has a God complex and cares little for his patience. Wait times over an hour with no apologies. AVOID! AVOID!!

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

My husband didn't see this Doctor but our story with him and his staff is absolutely horrific. My husband works for Gulfstream and when myself and primary doctor tried to make an "override" appointment with the office, they said "Dr. Stoever doesn't accept those with Gulfstream insurance due to a feud he had with their CoreSource insurance and not being considered in-network". They also said that "99.9% of the time he denies patients who come to him from Gulfstream". This doctor should feel absolutely awful about treating individuals this way, specifically those with CoreSource insurance. I'm glad that I found out sooner or later the true attitude that this "doctor" has - absolutely pathetic. Treating any individual this way due to a sour taste you have in your mouth from an insurance company is greedy and shows that money is on the forefront of his mind.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

Rude, pushy, and gives the impression he only cares about the money, not the patients. His staff is horrible, the lady that draws blood is the worst of all!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

Office staff is frustrating to deal with, unreliable, and doesn't follow up on comittments.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

Dr Stoever has been my wife's endocrinologist for over two years. He is very knowledgeable and has taken time to answer all our questions about my wife's diabetes. His current staff is good.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014

I've been seeing Dr. Stoever for two years for hypothyroidism. If you like a friendly, talkative doctor who is going to spend lots of time with you or engage in a conversation about your medical needs - he is not for you. He seems to know his science, however his patient care could be improved. Each time I go he stares at his computer screen for the 5 min he spends in the room with me. He's looking over your test results while your there in the room instead of actually talking to you. He does not look at you only the screen and will occasionally ask you a question. I believe he could take 5 min. and review your tests before he actually enters the room then he may actually be able to look up and make eye contact. On the positive side, I will say that I rarely have to wait in his lobby over 15 min. and he has gotten my tyroid levels to a normal range when my primary doctor couldn't do that in 7 years. That's why I go back, that and he's on my insurance.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2013

I was surprised to read all the negative comments about this doctor. Both Dr. Stoever and his staff were professional if not overly friendly. The doctor answered my questions and seemed well informed about my condition.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2013

Do not expect to get any results from any tests that Dr. Stoever runs for you. You will pay him for an office visit and all of the lab work, but after that he will wash his hands of you. What is the sense of seeing a Physician that cares nothing for his patients. Do NOT visit this office, and if you do...RUN to another caring Physician as fast as you can.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2013

Why is this man a doctor? Doctors are compassionate, care about how you feel. I got all these tests done. When I got a phone call, this lady, I assume is an assistant, cause she said she had no knowledge of my situation. Told me the results, and that's it, she could not answer a damn question I had. OK, can the doctor call me back, oh yeah, I'll put a message in she said. Couple day s go by, nothing, call back, same thing. Call back a fourth time, oh, your gonna have to make a appointment to talk to the doctor later this month to ask him the questions you have about your lab results. After I was told 3 times that he would call me. So if these are the rules, that you have to come in for a appointment, so you can talk about lab results, why not tell me that. Why ?? Why have the assistant call me to inform me of disturbing news when she can't explain nothing, nothing! So unprofessional, and uncaring. If it was you? Wouldn't you want to know? I hope this does not happen to anyone else.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2013

Dr. James A. Stoever's Credentials

• Ok State Univ, Coll Of Osteo Med, Tulsa, Ok 74107 (Grad. 1997)