Ratings for Dr. Laura E. Regan

I went to this office as a new patient to see a "dermatologist" about skin issues. After dealing with office staff including an interview, a PA arrived, asked questions, and started an examination that ended with taking two skin fragments for biopsy. I was told someone would call me and could leave. Sometime later one of the office staff (not Dr. Regan) called to say I needed a surgery referral and follow up visit. I was advised that since I was not yet a patient of Dr. Regan, it would be quite some time before I could return for further treatment. Suffice it to say, I have seen and been treated by another "doctor".

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

Dr. Regan is knowledgeable and thorough. She rushes through her appointments (hey, dermatologists are busy!), but her demeanor and follow through is GREAT. I had to stop seeing her due to the unprofessional behavior of her administrative staff. They are just plain rude and more often than not, move appointment times without notification to patient. Such a shame that I found a great doctor, but her staff makes it impossible to return.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

I have seen Dr. Regan several times now for suspected basal cell carcinoma. The waiting room staff is very friendly and helpful. She has always taken time to ask me how I was and then takes her time in examining the areas of concern. I have now had 6 suspected areas biopsied by Dr. Regan. Even though getting a biopsy is not fun, she is gentle and explains every detail of what she is doing. She explains the possible outcomes and has suggested two amazing doctors to perform surgery on my basal cell carcinomas.....one a plastic surgeon who removed two near my eyes, and one a FABULOUS doctor who performed the MOHS procedure (Dr. Galen Fisher). Once the biopsy results come back, usually in 2-3 days, her staff calls to advise me in a caring manner. I even recommended Dr. Regan to my mother and she has had the same wonderful experiences with her.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014

I did not have a positive experience at Dr. Regan's office. Once I was finally seen, she spent only 10 minutes with me and didn't let me finish asking all of my questions. When I tried to see her to ask one more quick question in the hallway, I was dismissed and told she has other patients. I felt like she didn't care about me or my questions. I was just another person to speed through the process to get money from ultimately. My husband had a similar experience and wasn't even told that he didn't get to see a dermatologist, rather a physician's assistant, yet they charged the same amount. When we called later to follow up about 2 large "surgery procedure" bills that we received, the office staff was less than helpful and did not want to answer the phone much less return our phone calls. Also, in my 10 conversation with Dr. Regan in the exam room, she insulted my choice of care providers to deliver my first born child. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2012

Bad communication, no real analysis of issues, and always in a hurry. I spent months suffering, and hundreds of dollars on a misdiagnosis which was cleared up within a matter of hours after seeing another doctor.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2012

This was the most horrible experience I have EVER had with a doctor. She barely looked at my hand and was out the door while I was still trying to ask her questions. She was short with me like I was an inconvenience. When it came time for follow up her front desk staff was incredibly rude and unprofessional. I left at least 10 messages for the office manager to call me back...she NEVER did. In fact every time I called she was 'on the other line'. If I said I would wait, a few minutes would go by and I would be hung up on. This doctor has absolutely NO respect for her patients and the scary time they may be going through when going through evaluation and treatment. I wouldn't send my worst enemy to this office. She should be ashamed of herself and the way she lets her front office operate.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2011

I was very pleased with Dr. Regan, but the office staff has turned me away. They do not answer the phone, return phone calls, process referrals. Very frustrating to have to make multiple calls for the same reason and still not response. I will have to go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2010

Dr. Laura E. Regan's Credentials

• Ohio State University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

• BCBS Illinois