Ratings for Dr. David R. Paolone

I wouldn't recommend this Dr to my neighbors dog. I had a cysto with him and it hurt enough for me to come off the table...as another patient said "that shouldn't have hurt" was his reply. Run from this DR. He suggested buccal muccosa graft urethal reconstruction like it was nothing. If he would have done his surgery at UWHC that is what would have happened.... I actually had BPH and a larger bladder stone. Dr. Bushman at UWHC did the perineal urethroplasty.. due to strictures, bladder stone lasered, and a TURP.... all at the same time and very professionally done. I have since been to the Mayo clinic in Rochester for a stone that was lodged in my bladder and prostate, Dr Husmann did the surgery and again was treated well. Stay away from Palone he is a butcher, and only worries about making money.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

I only had one experience with Dr. Paolone and it wasn't good. He did a DRE and cystoscopy. The DRE was painful, it felt like he used his whole hand and didn't remove his watch. The cystoscopy with a flexible scope wasn't much better. His explanation afterwards was "this shouldn't have been painful, I should have been able to move the scope in and out with no problem." I have since have had a flouroscope to check for strictures and the dr. said and showed me the pictures that there is some narrowing, but would not need surgery for that. Paolone was already planning for a possible buccal mucosal graft reconstruction.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

Excellent physician! Very up-to-date on current treatment for the condition I saw him for. Great bedside manner. He is very prompt about getting back to his patients even when he's on call.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2008

Dr. David R. Paolone's Credentials

• University Of Chicago - Pritzker School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)