Ratings for Dr. Laura Katz

Dr. Katz is the most competent, compassionate doctor I have ever had. She helped me get through a very tough time during cancer diagnosis and treatment. She listens, asks questions based on my concerns and always has a suggestion. If she does not know (does not happen often) she finds out, calls me or has a staff member call me with the answer. I have waited 5 minutes and as long as 45 minutes for my appointment. Emergencies happen.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

Google reviews Carol M Carol M in the last week Never go to this doctor!! I went here and Dr. Katz lied about my blood results. She told me the situation was much worse than what is was and required several follow up visit. I feel I was told this so Dr. Katz could get more money. Dr. Katz was rude and judgmental of decisions I had made regarding my reproductive rights. She was consistently late to appointments and would not provide me access to my medical records though I went through the proper procedures to obtain a copy! Do not go to this doctor!!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

I disclosed all my information to her and as a veteran the VA did thorough work up and sent it to her as well as a detailed description of my health background. She stated I had a heart shaped uterus sent me to U of M they said it wasn't and it was normal then she insisted I do all these other things plus since she is against chiropract care and found out I was seeing one all of a sudden half way through my pregnancy I was dropped stating I didn't disclose medical history that made me high risk. After getting a new OB I was not high risk had a normal pregnancy. Their office also is never open. Closed most of the week then randomly closes or just don't come in and aren't available for care. She has a horrible reputation and my experience with her was no better.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

Dr.Katzs is my OB right now n im 38 weeks prego n my first at that n she has done nothing but make me miserable this whole time n put me threw a lot of stupid stuff I don't think I even needed

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

-never open -doesn't get back to you on test results -rude staff

flag | Submitted September 27, 2013

Her staff got all my blood work mixed up and she kept telling me I had a UTI when I didn't and told me that I had herpes when I don't. I told her that I had severe cramping and tightness in my stomach and that my back hurt and that I hadn't felt much if any movement from the baby. I told her that my placenta was torn as of 8 weeks pregnant and at 16 weeks she had an ultrasound done where she said everything was perfectly fine that the heartrate was perfect and that I had no limitations. At 20 weeks I went into premature labor ending in a still born son. The nurses at the hospital told me he was developed to about 16 weeks. I do not recommend anyone go to Dr. Katz if they actually want their child to be born breathing. I hate Dr. Katz for what she did to me, she murdered my son.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Katz for 5 years. The staff is always very kind and compassionate. They take the time to understand me as a patient. The Dr. is very thorough with the examines and takes a preventive approach to medicine. She is very concerned about the well being of her patients. I am now in my 40's and have seen numerous Ob/Gyns in my life. She is the best I've ever been to. Without her my brain tumor would not have been found. I am thankful to have such a knowledgeable Dr. working for me.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2012

The staff is little to be desired i dont really think they know what there doing, but Dr Katz was very nice and helpful. When i found out i was gonna have a miscarriage she was so nice and caring and even called me a couple days later to make sure i was alright.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2012

Completely not impressed. Staff is rude and needs personality/customer service training for sure. Waited over 2 hours for appt. The Dr. is very pushy and very over zealous. Wants to order a bunch of unnecessary tests. Will not be back.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2011

dr. Katz insisted I was going to have cancer due to polyphs in my uterus and need a hystorectomy asap. After going to U Of M because I was so upset I learn this was not cancer and I did not need to lose my uterus. She is very unprofessional. I would not take a dog to her.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2009

Dr. Laura Katz's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Delta Dental