Ratings for Dr. James Edward Kennedy

Very satisfied with my initial consultation and first phase of my treatment plan, which was a tooth extraction and bone graft to prepare for an eventual implant. Dr. Kennedy thoroughly explained the details of of my treatment and why it was necessary - a lot of info to take in. He has a wonderful, positive demeanor and you can tell that he must genuinely love what he does. His staff is equally engaged with the patients. I would highly recommend him to anybody! I had the extraction and bone graft yesterday morning, I’m following the post-op instructions and can honestly say all my anxiety was unwarranted - no pain or discomfort at all (plus I’m enjoying the excuse to sit around quietly for a couple days!)

flag | Submitted August 30, 2018

Dr. Kennedy corrected a misdiagnosis by my regular dentist (who referred me to Dr. K.) and successfully treated my condition. Story over? Not quite. Dr. Kennedy called my dentist and held him accountable for the error and then insisted that, ethically, I was due a refund. I got the refund! Nowhere else on this planet have I experienced this. And, yes, the outcome of my procedure was successful. The standards are set by guys like Dr. Kennedy, if only other practitioners adhered to this level of business ethics fear of dentistry would melt away.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

I've had perio for most of my life. Due to the poor care and pain I received from previous dentist, I choose to let the disease go untreated for most of my adult life. It's to the point now that I'm losing 5-6 teeth because the bone loss around the teeth are so bad that the teeth can't be saved. Next to death itself, the dentist is the next thing on my list of things that I despise the most in this world. I walked into Dr. Kennedy's office and the way his staff greeted me, totally blew me away. They were so kind and respectful, I had to look around to make sure I was in a dentist office. Not much of a wait at all to be seen by the dentist. After that charting and grafting, the doctor actually pulled up a chair and sat next to me to go over the things going on in my mouth. He was in depth and detailed with the information he was presenting to me, while making eye contact most of the time. I still somewhat had a chip on my shoulder about my previous dental experiences but was in total shock up to this point. It actually seemed as though he genuinely cared about the treatment plan he was putting together. He answered every question or concern I had about my situation. If he had a concern about any treatment, he'd consult with my primary dentist to ensure they were both in agreement and on the same page about my care moving forward. When we were all finished, the front desk helped me with all insurance options, payment plans, discount plans..etc.. It wasn't about the money. As much as I'd hate to admit it, this place gave my the best dental experience ever. I'd recommend Dr. Kennedy and his staff to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015

This is my first time to experience bone graft and did not take anti-anxiety meds as they contraindicated with my other medicine but Dr. Kennedy made me comfortable with his caring ways and great sense of humor.Words are not enough to describe how good he is.He is absolutely the Best Doctor and i'm so happy i went to Him!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014

I was very nervous about getting connective tissue grafts. I could not be more pleased with the results. Dr. Kennedy and his staff were very professional and answered all my questions. Don't be afraid to have periodontal surgery by Dr. Kennedy. It will be well worth it.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2012

The most caring office I have ever been to. The staff is so welcoming and Dr Kennedy is the most professional, knowledgable and caring doctor. What a refreshing change.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2012

This is probably the best periodontal office I have ever been to. I was referred to Dr Kennedy about a year ago but since I live downtown I decided to go see someone closer to my home. That was a mistake.I should have listened to my dentist and not wasted my time. From the moment I walked in Dr Kennedy's office I knew I was in good hands. His staff was so nice and so professional that I knew I would feel the same way about Dr. Kennedy. You could just sense their caring nature. Needless to say I was right. I will never see any other periodontist. This man is highly knowledgable and explained things in such a way that I felt fully informed by the time I left the office. I will need several appointments to complete my treatment and they were very accomodating. They truly made me so comfortable that I actually look foward to my next visit. I feel very blessed to be in such capable hands.If the need arises I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2011

I am a patient of Dr. Kennedy's. He completed tissue grafting on me and I can not recommend him enough to anyone looking for a great Periodontist. He was very thorough in explaining the procedures to me before we began and he explained to me exactly what to expect after the surgery. The result is beautiful and I am very happy. He was exceptionally gentle during the procedure and is genuinely concerned about the care of his patients and obtaining the best result possible. His staff is wonderful and very helpful. I would highly recommend Dr. Kennedy to anyone who is looking for an outstanding Periodontist.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Kennedy's for over 8-years and would never consider going to anyone else. I have suffered with dental problems from a very young age. Dr. Kennedy has done extensive work on me from sinus lifts, to extractions, bone grafting, dental implants and tissue grafting. He is very knowledgeable, kind, caring, has great vision and truly interested in my needs as a patient. He has change my life. If you are truly interested in your dental health and know its importance, Dr. Kennedy will more than meet your expectations.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2011

I recently had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Kennedy and his wonderful staff. He came highly reccommended by my general dentist. I was very apprehensive at first but after my consultation I knew I was in good hands. Dr. Kennedy was very professional, caring and kind. His staff went above and beyond to assist me with my many questions.My overall experience was great. I was very satisfied and would certainley reccommend Dr. Kennedy to my family and friends.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2008