Ratings for Dr. Fizza Rafiq

Highly pleased with my experience at her office. Staff are amicable and kind, I would recommend Dr. Fizza Rafiq to anyone looking for a new family doctor

flag | Submitted April 4, 2018

AWESOME DOCTOR! Ignore the rude comments below! None of them are true. Believe me, I've been seeing this doctor for the past 11 yrs! Amazing, loving, kind doctor. She is always willing to help!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2018

Go see another doctor at the clinic as I don't believe that she cares about the best interest of her patient.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2018

She is an amazing doctor. Very nice, polite, always pays attention to details and her patient. I am seeing her for over 11 Years. She has positive attitude. All my kids also sees her!!!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2018

She is charging a fortune ($150) for medical cert. However, other doctors charge 15% ($20) of her fee.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

I love Dr. Fizza, she has been my family doctor for a long time now and I appreciate her very much. She has not only helped me with my health problems, but she has also helped me with my personal problems, has given me advice and suggestions on what I should do, and has been a real rock to me. I appreciate her and I am proud to call her my family dr.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

I have had Dr. Fizza since Trans Canada Medical office opened. I really like her and feel comfortable with her. When I get tests done I'm usuallt called into office even though most are normal. When I make an appt usually I'm in right away. I don't like walking in unless it kis urgent as that takes longer on the most part.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2015

I had the unfortunate experience of seeing this doctor and felt the need to leave a comment. I am not a regular patient of hers but she is subbing for my usual doc. I was called by staff at this clinic claiming that Dr. Fizza (as this is how she is referred to) wanted to speak to me regarding test results from a specialist. Clearly, I was confused because said test results were already reviewed by the specialist I saw the day of the test, which was in his office. I explained this to the girl on the phone and she insisted that Dr. Fizza specifically requested me to come in. I booked the appointment still not understanding what she wanted to discuss but ended up rescheduling it. Spoke to another girl at the office and explained to her the same thing, that the test that they are referring to that Dr. Fizza wanted to speak to me about was in fact normal. But my pleading fell on deaf ears and once again I was told that she wanted to speak to me. Thinking that maybe there is something else I decided to be pro active and go in. I checked in for my appointment waited a few minutes and was brought into her office. I sat there for about 20 minutes meanwhile overhearing other conversations happening outside. I decided to inquire whether the doctor was in fact there, since I had been sitting there for so long. I went down the corridor saw the lady who brought me in, I said hello and she literally looked at me and turned around, hightailing it into her office. Bizarre behaviour is all I can say. I looked into the office door found her sitting there and asked her if the doc was here as I had been waiting so long and I had an appointment. She responded that I was next. OK so I went back sat for another 10 minutes and she came in. Now this is the good part, Dr. Fizza comes in barely says hello with her head down and proceeds to the computer. She then mumbles something and I said "excuse me" and she repeated herself "What are you doing here?". Ummm OK, I said that the office called and told me that you wanted to speak with me regarding test results from the specialist. It was very obvious that she had no clue why I was there. Completely unprepared for a follow up that she requested. She read over some notes asked me if I knew that the results were normal. And I said yes, and she rambled about not knowing why they called me in but tried to rationalize it by saying that "we like to follow up so patients don't get lost between the family doc and the specialist". I said to her that I explained to 2 different office staff that the results were normal but they had insisted I come in. Further, I felt it right to express my displeasure to Dr. Fizza, that I had wasted, an hour of my busy day for something unnecessary. My impression of her is that she really does not care and is quite rude in her handling of the situation. She did not even apologize. She also, repeatedly spoke over me and I found her to be aggressive in her conversational ability. I suspect that the clinic, as a whole (as I don't know where the blame should lie) is purposely calling patients in for unnecessary visits. The only reason would be to generate more revenue. And, I say this only because I know someone else that this happen to, at this clinic. I find there handling in situations like these, very unprofessional and immature. I had requested to speak to the office manager and she refused to come out and talk to me personally. Instead, chose to talk through the girl at the front desk. What is interesting is that at no point had I even mentioned what the reason was to speak to her. Oddly she had an explanation prepared?!?! The girl at the front also said that Dr. Fizza specifically asked me to come in according to the notes on the computer. Hmmmm, so it looks like the blame game.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2015

Dr. Rafiq has an extremely disinterested attitude. She does not take the patient's complaints seriously. She barely asked any questions as if she simply did not care to know about the symptoms I experienced. Just quickly handed me a requisition form and was out the door.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015

I have been with Dr. Rafiq for over 6 years. She is very quiet. She has sent me for follow-up tests for most conditions I have presented (and that I've researched). She is not really hands on but many conditions do need the test results to diagnose. I worry though that if I wasn't a very extroverted outgoing person who does their research ahead of time that my experience could be negative. It would be nice for her to just ask how you are. My time with her is almost always under 5 minutes and that just seems way too fast. The front desk staff have been good to me but can be quite abrupt with elderly patients and a smile and a welcome would go a long way.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015