Ratings for Dr. Heather McDonald

I saw Dr. Mcdonald for years , and havent found a replacement since her. The last i saw her, I cried because i found out she was leaving her practice that was at 7th avenue seymour clinic in Vancouver. I have never been happy with ANY doc since her. I wish she would come back. I really miss having a competent doctor. If anyone eknows where she is, I would love to know ( if in Vancouver BC that is) :)

flag | Submitted July 4, 2014

I have come to understand Dr. McDonald and I know her heart is in the right place. She works tirelessly in a field that has high demands and a great deal of red tape. She is extremely good at determining someone's true character; I know she has seen it all. Very few doctors can do what she does and with a heart that is so committed to her cause. I am extremely happy with Dr. McDonald. She is tough, real and she doesn't put up with patient BS. I cannot speak more highly about her. She has made my journey do-able in a way that has inspired me. She has a high case load and deals with a lot of stress but she is human. She gets very little time off. Her humor is terrific and her heart bleeds real. I am so happy to have her as my main care provider. I think getting to know what she is really about makes the difference for many patients. She likes a patient who maintains a good attitude and who exercises honesty. She is a true icon of a good doctor to me.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2013

Doc Mcdonald was my doc since aprox 1992. She is the BEST physician ever !!!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2011

I have been seeing Dr McDonald for years - I have referred many people to her. The wait is annoying yes, but she's worth it! Very helpful

flag | Submitted June 16, 2011

Dr McDonald is by far the best doctor I've ever been to. She is intelligent, knowledgeable, and empathetic. Her bedside manner is terrific. What a great sense of humour. How anyone can say she has a poor bedside manner is incredible. I'm guessing those comments are from high maintenance hypochondriacs. Heather is a superb family physician.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2010

She is a wonderful doctor - she has been there for me more times than i can count, Julie her new receptionist is fantastic... I don't understand why there is negative feedback - in my opinion it is in the minority and much unwarranted.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2010

I am not sure what everyone is talking about. I saw her for years and I always found her to be quite attentive and good clinically.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2009

While I'm sure Heather is a very intelligent lady, her bedside manner leaves a bit to be desired but, she did refer me to a doctor who was extremely good on another matter. From my dealings with Heather, I'm not sure whether the medical field is something which she enjoys working in now. She just didn't seem to be particularly concerned nor, did she seem to be listening at times.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2009

It may be possible that some of the people complaining may have nothing better to do. Perhaps it should be illegal for anyone to just go on line and annonymously defame others. This and other similar sites maybe should be legally responsible in one form or another!Just an idea?

flag | Submitted February 3, 2009

this doctor saved my life and discovered a thyroid cancer that several other doctors missed. she was always very thoughtful and kind with me and my family

flag | Submitted November 26, 2008