You may also like

I totally agree with the person below. I love Dr. Zito but the office and staff are not desired. I never get return phone call and if you need immediate attention this is not the place for you. I have been considering going to a different dr. But I love Dr. Zito so much I'm torn.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2015

Dr Zito is one of the best doctors, very knowledgeable, kind, caring and connects with you as a patient and I have been going to her for several years. The office procedures and staff however are the worst and the wait times are impossible. God forbid if you have a reaction or problem with treatment though because you will not be able to be seen or get back in until your next appointment which is usually 3-6 months away because the office management is so opposite of Dr Zito - non caring and place procedure rules higher priority than seeing to excellent patient care. So sad and frustrated with this aspect and I do not recommend the suncoast internal medicine practice to which she belongs.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2015

Dr. Zito is an excellent and caring physician! She really takes the time to get to know her patients, diagnose their conditions and develop a customized treatment plan that really changed my life. I am so grateful for the compassionate care that she and her staff continually give me. They always make me feel like my issues are their top priority. I would highly recommend Dr. Zito.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

Dr Zito is an absolutely fantastic Rheumatologist. She will spend as much time with each patient as needed in order to ensure that there are no unanswered questions or concerns. The only problem with that is that there can be unusually long wait times. However, it is worth it because she is such an excellent Dr and will spend that same amount of time with you when it’s your turn.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2013

Dr. Zito was the very best rheumatologist I have ever encountered. I was thrilled to be her patient and considered myself blessed to be under her care. Dr. Zito is a brilliant and caring physician. Unfortunately, she has added Peggy Cordle,ARNP-C to her staff. Patients are now required to see Peggy Cordle,ARNP-C every other appointment instead of Dr. Zito. Ms. Cordle may be competent but she is incredibly pushy and condescending. Ms. Cordle constantly tries to push all sorts of invasive treatments and injections during the visit. I find her highly offensive.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2013

Have had RA for years. Dr. Zito has been the only specialist to thoroughly test me, discuss the results with me, and recommend procedures for treating the RA proactively. She is excellent.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2012

Amazing Doctor. She spends a lot of time with each paitent which occasionally make her run behind but she will do the same for you when needed. Always explains test results in detail. Listens to how you are feeling. Understands when you have concerns about medications and takes the time to listen. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2012

Dr. Zito is my Gardian Angel. I don't know how I would have gotten through these horrible rough times without her. She is an amazing woman,which I have never met a more knowlegable dedicated, not to mention someone who will not quit on you. She is so much more deserving of a more professional staff. It seems as though they are more interested in gossiping, and talking poorly of the patients. I know that she must know that they are making her life harder. This is not to say that all of her staff is doing these things, but there are many. Hopefully things can get straightened out, because it is worrisom.I hope that someday, Dr. Zito will be able to retain that perfect staff. Good Luck

flag | Submitted August 30, 2010

Dr. Zito, When I learned of my R/A diagnosis this past January I felt as though my world had turned upside down. I was scared of the unknown of the how this diagnosis will affect my life as I have known it as well as the people that I love and share my life with. My search then started to find a Rheumatoid Specialist who could help me learn something about this disease and manage it so the quality of life that I have always been blessed with could be mine again. I went on the website, Ratemd.com and started reading the patient testimonials about you, and wow I thought this is where I am suppose to go. I waited a long time to see you, however you where so worth the wait! As my husband and I walked out of the office, hand in hand, I felt like life will be good again, thank you for putting that smile back in my heart! Sincerely, Shelly Whitaker

flag | Submitted April 28, 2010

My first appt. with Dr.Zito was approx.3 years ago, while finishing her fellowship for rheumatology. Since she was new & just starting to establ. patients, she was able to spend a lot of time with me! I'm sure I was a challange for her!I was Not the usual rheumatology patient! After being ill for 4-5 years I finally had someone that WAS EAGER to HELP ME! Dr.Zito is kind,compassionate & a good listener! After all those years I spent seeing so many Dr.'s & many tests I still had no answers. Dr. Zito left no stone unturned & to this day continues to help me with the many autoimmune diseases & other health issues that SHE DISCOVERED! TOO BAD,the medical field is now a numbers game! Get them in & out! Then add tons of paperwork & there's not much time to establish that patient/doctor relationship. It's a fact that patients do much better with treatments & their illness when that bond has been created. Word got out about this "ANGELIC Dr" & now she's busier. So time with her is limited.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2009

Dr. Susan Zito's Credentials

Avmed
Wellcare Health Plans

Updates

• A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I totally agree with the person below. I love Dr. Zito but the office and staff are not desired. I never get return phone call and if you need immediate attenti..."

October 1, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr Zito is one of the best doctors, very knowledgeable, kind, caring and connects with you as a patient and I have been going to her for several years. The off..."

August 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Zito is an excellent and caring physician! She really takes the time to get to know her patients, diagnose their conditions and develop a customized treatm..."

July 17, 2015
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=865871'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.6

February 6, 2014