Ratings for Dr. Susan Zito

Dr Zito has a charming personality and I love her personally, but I wonder why she diagnoses so many of her patients with so many different conditions, most often auto immune diseases, all of which she says need medication, treatments, ultra sounds, infusions etc and all of it - along with much blood testing - must be done in her office only. The drugs and treatments aren't without risk. My experience is being diagnosed with a number of diseases for which I have absolutely no symptoms. I have gone for a second opinion, and all tests came out normal in the consulting facility. That makes me suspicions. I have been told that they take part in a lot of clinical trials for drugs in that office. I don't know what to think. In general, I dislike the focus on illness and drugs as opposed to wellness. The staff there is the worst I have ever encountered. I have waited for more than an hour for someone who wasn't even in the office that day, waited more than an hour and had the person I was to see tell me I was not on their list and I should come back, waited more than an hour to be called in finally by students who wanted to "practice" on me when my appointment wasn't for anything that needed that. I have had lab specimens mishandled and therefore obtained very scary - and incorrect results so it all had to be repeated. They failed to send requested labs to a hospital where I was scheduled for surgery and that caused a major problem when I was going into the operating room and the anesthesiologist realized that I had no labs in my folder. Etc. etc. etc. My complaints in writing were of no use. Due to all of the above and much more, I will never go there again. The charm of Dr. Zito can't counteract the rest of it.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

I totally agree with the person below. I love Dr. Zito but the office and staff are not desired. I never get return phone call and if you need immediate attention this is not the place for you. I have been considering going to a different dr. But I love Dr. Zito so much I'm torn.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2015

Dr Zito is one of the best doctors, very knowledgeable, kind, caring and connects with you as a patient and I have been going to her for several years. The office procedures and staff however are the worst and the wait times are impossible. God forbid if you have a reaction or problem with treatment though because you will not be able to be seen or get back in until your next appointment which is usually 3-6 months away because the office management is so opposite of Dr Zito - non caring and place procedure rules higher priority than seeing to excellent patient care. So sad and frustrated with this aspect and I do not recommend the suncoast internal medicine practice to which she belongs.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2015

Dr. Zito is an excellent and caring physician! She really takes the time to get to know her patients, diagnose their conditions and develop a customized treatment plan that really changed my life. I am so grateful for the compassionate care that she and her staff continually give me. They always make me feel like my issues are their top priority. I would highly recommend Dr. Zito.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

Dr Zito is an absolutely fantastic Rheumatologist. She will spend as much time with each patient as needed in order to ensure that there are no unanswered questions or concerns. The only problem with that is that there can be unusually long wait times. However, it is worth it because she is such an excellent Dr and will spend that same amount of time with you when it’s your turn.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2013

Dr. Zito was the very best rheumatologist I have ever encountered. I was thrilled to be her patient and considered myself blessed to be under her care. Dr. Zito is a brilliant and caring physician. Unfortunately, she has added Peggy Cordle,ARNP-C to her staff. Patients are now required to see Peggy Cordle,ARNP-C every other appointment instead of Dr. Zito. Ms. Cordle may be competent but she is incredibly pushy and condescending. Ms. Cordle constantly tries to push all sorts of invasive treatments and injections during the visit. I find her highly offensive.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2013

Have had RA for years. Dr. Zito has been the only specialist to thoroughly test me, discuss the results with me, and recommend procedures for treating the RA proactively. She is excellent.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2012

Amazing Doctor. She spends a lot of time with each paitent which occasionally make her run behind but she will do the same for you when needed. Always explains test results in detail. Listens to how you are feeling. Understands when you have concerns about medications and takes the time to listen. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2012

Dr. Zito is my Gardian Angel. I don't know how I would have gotten through these horrible rough times without her. She is an amazing woman,which I have never met a more knowlegable dedicated, not to mention someone who will not quit on you. She is so much more deserving of a more professional staff. It seems as though they are more interested in gossiping, and talking poorly of the patients. I know that she must know that they are making her life harder. This is not to say that all of her staff is doing these things, but there are many. Hopefully things can get straightened out, because it is worrisom.I hope that someday, Dr. Zito will be able to retain that perfect staff. Good Luck

flag | Submitted August 30, 2010

Dr. Zito, When I learned of my R/A diagnosis this past January I felt as though my world had turned upside down. I was scared of the unknown of the how this diagnosis will affect my life as I have known it as well as the people that I love and share my life with. My search then started to find a Rheumatoid Specialist who could help me learn something about this disease and manage it so the quality of life that I have always been blessed with could be mine again. I went on the website, Ratemd.com and started reading the patient testimonials about you, and wow I thought this is where I am suppose to go. I waited a long time to see you, however you where so worth the wait! As my husband and I walked out of the office, hand in hand, I felt like life will be good again, thank you for putting that smile back in my heart! Sincerely, Shelly Whitaker

flag | Submitted April 28, 2010

Dr. Susan Zito's Credentials

Avmed
Wellcare Health Plans

Updates

• A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Zito has a charming personality and I love her personally, but I wonder why she diagnoses so many of her patients with so many different conditions, most of..."

April 22, 2016
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I totally agree with the person below. I love Dr. Zito but the office and staff are not desired. I never get return phone call and if you need immediate attenti..."

October 1, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr Zito is one of the best doctors, very knowledgeable, kind, caring and connects with you as a patient and I have been going to her for several years. The off..."

August 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Zito is an excellent and caring physician! She really takes the time to get to know her patients, diagnose their conditions and develop a customized treatm..."

July 17, 2015
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=865871'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.6

February 6, 2014