Ratings for Dr. John A. Gordon

I was his "first" patient of the afternoon but he double books so I waited for 25 minutes. he saw another patient during my brief appt. I had a large bakers cyst. he refused to drain it and prescribed naproxen for a month without finding out what other medication I was on. a side effect is depression which impacted me so I stopped the naproxen and got an apt with another ortho surgeon.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

Yes he was a bit stern and didn't talk nice but he'll of a surgeon fixed my knee years ago still doing great

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

Needed knee replacement but all he did was give cortisone injection. He has no bed side manner. Makes you feel guilty for complaining about your pain. Saw someone else and had my knee replacement in December. Will never see Doctor Gordon again .

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015

Not really happy with my outcome. Was left with nothing really. Asked my doc for another opinion but apparently the process would just see me end up with the same doc. No follow up even suggested.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2014

Saw Dr. Gordon last Dec. and was told the only thing he could do for my severely arthritic knees was cortozone. At 55 I am too "young" for surgery. Had the shots in one knee, lasted about 7 weeks. The pain is much worse now than it was then. I can barely walk which makes it impossible to work! He spoke to me like I'm an idiot which I did not appreciate. He may be a good Dr. but has few people skills. For this I had to travel to Carleton Place hosp. which was a huge imposition. The procedure took minutes and could have been done in his office. No help here. :(

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

I just had my surgery done 3 days ago, it is the first time in 3 years I don't have any pain. I didn't need to use any pain meds. I had a torn meniscus and Dr Gordon was awesome, he kept asking me evverytime I saw him do you have any questions. From my first apt to surgery date was 3 months. I think he is one of the best around, he told me has done in the thousands now for knee surgery. I would go to him again in a heart beat!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2013

I wish there was another Field to rate called *Personality Saw Dr Gordon today and he's not the warmest guy I have ever met. Made me feel guilty for even bothering him with my issues.(Even though I can barely walk)Everyone I have seen to date has said I need surgery, but he says I don't. I hope he's right.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2013

Very poor interpersonal skills. Didn't expect him to be my best friend, but he was so detached and disinterested in me that he "shut down" my ability to ask important questions. He spoke down to me and explained things in a tone that was condescending. No one/patient should be talked to this way. Perhaps he just wasn't interested in my situation because (he determined) I was not a candidate for surgery. Might be a great surgeon, but leaves a lot to be desired in terms of interpersonal communication skills, which are essential in a doctor/patient interaction.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2013

My mother (now 86 years old) had both her knees replaced by Dr. Gordon 12 years ago. Her knees have been working fine. She is really happy about the result of the operations, which allowed her to live a much more independent, active and happier live.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2012

I had two meniscus repairs within two years done by Dr. Gordon and am happy to say that I am back to doing my hiking trips in Europe every summer.The surgeries were really painless and he was very helpful in explaining the process.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2012