Ratings for Dr. Ariel De Llanos

I went here for my own medical needs back in 2014, primarily because they took my Obamacare insurance plan, were accepting new patients, and could get in me in for a first appointment relatively quickly. I had a good rapport with the PA I saw at that time, but after a few visits with him he left, and I was assigned to a different PA. After seeing her a few times and watching her dash out the room to talk to the doc when I asked a question she couldn't answer, it gradually dawned on me that I would never see the actual doctor, only a series of PAs. I left the practice not long after for a real psychiatrist who I actually sit down with for 30 minutes and converse with face to face, even during routine med checks. Fast forward a few years and my husband is now a patient at this practice, for similar reasons I was (they could get him in quickly and took his insurance). He too has never seen the actual doctor, only different PAs. Our biggest complaint, though, is that this office doesn't reliably return phone calls. A few weeks ago my husband was going through a more severe depressive episode than usual along with some other symptoms requiring urgent attention, and we called and called requesting an emergency med adjustment but could not get anyone to call us back. What kind of psychiatric practice does that? While the situation was not such an emergency that we needed to go to the ER, it was serious enough that it needed attention right away from a specialist to keep it from getting to the point of being life-threatening--that's why you become a paying client at a psych practice, to have access to specialists so that you don't have to go to the hospital. This is an absolutely unacceptable level of neglect--we are not only looking to switch practices but also considering most effective routes of making public our concerns with the doc/practice (starting with this review).

flag | Submitted December 13, 2018

flag | Submitted June 23, 2008

Dr. Ariel De Llanos's Credentials

• Ponce School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)