Ratings for Dr. Lily A. Mallare

Dr. Mallare and her staff are very friendly. I'd say that as a person, I liked her and she made me feel comfortable. The main problem is that she is a poor doctor. She told me, after a routine check up and an ultrasound on my ovaries, that I could not naturally conceive (Even though I explicitly stated my husband and I never tried to). She asked if I wanted to start trying to regulate my cycle better by going on hormones so I could try to conceive. I kindly passed down the offer. 10 months later, I gave birth to a beautiful, healthy baby girl. You do the math. I'm tired of doctors who jump to conclusions based on few tests and are quick to start throwing chemicals and drugs into your system. So sad that this is how so many doctors practice these days.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2011

She told me I had an infection and she would write me a prescription that I needed. she never wrote it the first visit even though I asked about it just before she left and she said she will and she never did. I asked again on my follow up visit almost a month later and she still never wrote it. Then two months later her receptionist calls me asking for my pharmacy's number, then another couple of weeks later calls me back saying she can't fax the prescription order to them and told me i HAD to come in to her office(almost an hour away) that day to get it because it was vital that I start taking the medicine right away to clear up the infection.When she could've just given me the prescription two and a half months prior when she first told me I had an infection and HAD to take medicine to get rid of it.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2011

When I had a miscarriage she missed some of the pieces of the aminotic sac and didn't notice it on any of the ultrasound later so I developed ovarian cancer.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2011

Dr. Mallare is one of those rare few. She listens, answers your qustions. Never makes you feel rushed or that your concerns are unimportant. We travel extensively for work. So I was concerned about just having to randomly pick a doctor for some issues that needed attention. I was schedules within a couple of days, even as a new patient. All tests and followups were scheduled in a timely manner. My job will take me to new parts of the country soon and I wish I could pack her up and take her with me!

flag | Submitted March 2, 2011

Dr. Mallare is a very caring and compassionate. She is rare breed. I have seen several Dr’s over the past several years due to job transfers.. etc and she has to be one of the nicest and knowledgeable I have met.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2010

Dr. Lily is the most caring doctor a woman could ask for. She listens to your concerns, and never makes you feel rushed. I moved away, but will drive in to see her 90 minutes each way. I am blessed to have met such a caring physician.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2008

Dr. Lily A. Mallare's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At San Antonio (Grad. 2002)