Ratings for Dr. Elizabeth A. Kavaler

Dr. Kavaler is a rare find, informed, compassionate and comprehensive. Her office is modern, and beautiful and her polite and courteous staff truly care.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2019

I was intimidated by some of the reviews below, but went ahead with the appointment as she was highly recommended. I was very pleasantly surprised. Offices are new, sleek and fresh, staff welcoming and pleasant, dealing with worried patients in a kind and thoughtful way. Dr. Kavaler is smart, knowledgeable, accommodating, and very helpful. Doesn't order unnecessary tests or medications and responds compassionately and fully to questions. I'd surely return.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

I was off put by the rudeness of the staff and appearance of the office which was not in any way designed, or decorated and a very dreary appearance at best. The receptionist made no motion to be helpful or cheerful. When I met Dr. Kavaler she was rushed and rude and kept talking about how my referring dr. was mistaken and that she was so experienced and wonderful, it was odd. She refused to look at any test results and did neither listen to me or my concerns and just was as ornery as I have ever seen a person. Her rudeness continued even as she took a call and was horrible to whoever she was speaking to. I felt rushed, intimidated, and like I was in the middle of a boxing ring . She is a nightmare and the most offensive and obnoxious person or dr. I have ever met. Needless to say I wil not return and instead will find another dr. with a better demeanor.

Submitted November 13, 2014

Dr Kavaler was very helpful and understanding. She listened to my concerns. The office staff was very efficient.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2014

I was referred by my gynecologist whom I totally trust ( I've been her patient for 38 years). I found Dr. Kavaler to be professional, informative, gentle, competent and kind. She opted for the least invasive procedures which I appreciated very much. I would definitely see her again and would recommend her to others.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2012

Dr. Kavaler was the rudest doctor I have ever interacted with in my life. While I was with her in her office, she was on the phone with another patient. Dr. Kavaler sat right in front of me berating the patient, yelling that the patient had to "get it together" and give her information quickly because "it's a holiday weekend and I have to get out of here." It was uncomfortable and I just tried to act as though the whole thing hadn't happened. She dismissed my symptoms and prescribed a medication. When I tried to ask questions she put up her "talk to the hand" palm & told me to just let her talk. Afterwards, I asked about side effects & she mentioned constipation. I had already told her that I had constipation issues & asked if this might be a problem & she said no. The pamphlet explained reasons to avoid the medicine, several of which could apply to me. However, I don't feel confident she would even consider my concerns, so I've decided to avoid the medicine until I see another doctor.

Submitted August 31, 2012

Dr. Elizabeth A. Kavaler's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Elizabeth Kavaler, M.D. is a Board Certified Urologist, practicing with Total Urology Care of New York where her clinical and research efforts focus mainly on disorders of the female pelvic organs. She has been in practice for 15 years and has dedicated her career to the study and treatment of female urological disorders such as chronic urinary tract infections, various kinds of incontinence, pelvic floor prolapse, and interstitial cystitis and pelvic pain. She welcomes patients to her office at Total Urology Care of New York serving the areas of New York, New York. Dr. Kavaler is a graduate of the State University of New York at Brooklyn Medical School, where she was elected to Alpha Omega Alpha National Honor Society. She completed her general surgery residency at the Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York City. Dr. Kavaler is one of only 500 woman urologists in practice in the U.S. and is one of the preeminent experts in female urological disorders. After four years of Urology at the same institution, Dr. Kavaler concluded a post-graduate fellowship in Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery and Urodynamics at the University of California-Los Angeles under the tutelage of Dr. Shlomo Raz. A Clinical Assistant Professor of Urology at Weil Cornell Medical Center, she is one of the preceptors in the Voiding Dysfunction Fellowship at New York Hospital as well as the Director of Urogynecology at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City. Dr. Kavaler and her colleagues at Total Urology Care of New York work to ensure that all patients receive the care and services they need while being treated with the utmost respect. She prides herself not only on providing the most up-to-date, evidence-based medical care but also in her ability to develop meaningful relationships with each and every patient. Dr. Kavaler is the author of, “A Seat on the Aisle, Please!”

• Spanish

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1992)

• Urinary incontinence
  • Anterior prolapse (cystocele)
  • Vaginal atrophy
  • Painful intercourse (dyspareunia)
  • Kidney stones