Ratings for Dr. Gadi Avshalomov

Waited with my 7 yo son for 1:30 min for an appointment. On our question - How long to wait, Dr. Avshalumov responded "If you do not want to wait - leave. .." Very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2015

Overcrowded and way overbooked, waiting room, with no A/C! No A/C in an allergist's office??! Dr did not even LOOK at the "book" of my info required for new patients, DID NOT want to hear my medical history, and NEVER asked about any medications I was on, before prescribing others!!Flippant response to questions & rushed.Other than PA & nurses, office staff stinks!When I called for 1st appointmt,I was told I had to wait 2 weeks bec "he is the #1 dr" & is booked up, only to find out he was on vacation until that day!!When I asked TWICE,if a $150 vaccine the dr ordered for me was covered by my insurance,I was immediately told it's not. I called my insur company MYSELF, and found out in a minute, that it WAS covered!! THAT'S NOT MY JOB! I could go on and on about this dr's poor medical practices, & the poor interpersonal skills of he & his clerical help.IF,the dr in fact gave me an accurate diagnosis, I am grateful,but for all else, IT'S JUST NOT WORTH IT! AVOID THIS DOCTOR!!

flag | Submitted September 13, 2013

saw two allergists before without benefit. Dr Avshalomov was referred by a friend and although the office was very busy it was worth it. very knowledgable doctor explained my problem and treatment options. definitely see's the bigger picture and cares. highly recommend

flag | Submitted December 31, 2012

Dr. Gadi put my baby boy and family through hell by telling us he had a serious immunity defficiency. After many blood tests and shots, he sent us to Mt. Sinai to see if my baby needed a port in his chest bc he wanted to start IVIG treatment. Made me take my son out of daycare and warned me to keep him away from public places. WELL, after seeing four different top immunologists in our state, we were told he was misdiagnosed. my 2 yr old's IGG levels were being compared to an adult's. i pray that the children he is presently treating actually really need it and they are not going through unnecessary suffering. I will never get those horrible 7 months back but at least I learned to get second and third opinions. PLEASE stay away from this unknowledgable doctor.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2011

Staff is very wonderful except this freckled face front desk girl - extremely nasty! Office can be very crowded but I don't mind waiting if the atmosphere is pleasant and Dr. is worth it. Dr.Gadi is personable but rushed, doesn't listen and explain concerns or issues to patients well. Not all patients are the same and spending time to address individualizes concerns of patients is important especially in an allergist office. As for knowledge - I am comfortable he is competent but when you don't discuss procedures, medication protocols and prevention plans it makes me think he is just trying to see as many patients as he can.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2011

He seems like a great Doctor BUT...and this is a HUGE BUT I had to call for 3-4 months before anyone- him or his staff called me back about an important life-threatening treatment..he advised me i need treatment and it was very serious TWICE TIMES i requested the treatment TO HIM PERSONALLY and then i had to call for 3-4 months before ANYONE called me back and then-- they had no idea and denied i asked for the treatment previously. He denied I told him in person on two separate occasions to start the process. Then, I asked, in writing, for my records and it took nearly 2 months and they didn't send ANY of my blood tests. He knew it was going to another immunologist. Needless to say- i would never go back again.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2010

Knowledgeable, friendly, not condescending, very concerned with the patient.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2008

He is an excellent doctor with a wonderful bedside manner. His staff is exceptional as well.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2008

Dr. Gadi Avshalomov's Credentials

• Greek

• Tel Aviv Univ, Sackler Fac Of Med, Tel Aviv, Israel (Grad. 1996)