Ratings for Dr. Matthew L. Black

flag | Submitted December 5, 2014

Dr. Black and his staff, especially Meredith, are very kind and take time to explain options for my chronic back pain. Because of his interventions, I take nothing stronger than Motrin, and am able to compete in long distance triathlons virtually pain-free. I recommend Dr. Black to anyone with acute or chronic pain.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

I was a patient of Dr. Black's for 7 years. I never missed an appointment. He had many ideas for ways to aide with my chronic pain, but the reality was just more medication. My husband kept urging me to find a doctor who would be more productive with my treatment, but I stayed. I became very ill with a stomach virus the night before my last appointment and was still vomiting that morning. I called to reschedule. My call was returned my Meredith. She was very short and abrupt. She told me I could not reschedule until I paid $25. She was rude and extremely un-empathetic. My response was somewhat the same. Frankly, I was sick and uncomfortable so I hung up on her. The next day I called back to reschedule but was told I had been "released" as a patient. I attempted to contact the doctor but I was ignored. I was addicted to morphine. I had no doctor and no medication. It was an extremely difficult time. I believe it is important for any prospective patient to hear this.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2014

He spends time with you and really cares. I was basically handicaped and he found proceedures that reaaly gave me my life back. He is not a pill mill, he is a respected physician who really understands his patients

flag | Submitted December 6, 2012

Dr. Black is a super knowledgeable and understanding doctor, I enjoy his professional opinion and will continue to see him as a patient. There is a nurse there names Merideth who is a complete horse's ass and should be washing dishes in the cafeteria. I hope Dr. Black is able to find a better representitive of his practice in the future.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2011

I FIND DR. BLACK TO BE MOST KNOWLEDGE, EASY TO TALK AND MORE THAN WILLING TO WORK WITH YOU TO FIND SOLUTIONS TO YOUR PROBLEMS. REALLY HAVE NO NEGATIVE COMMENTS AT ALL. STAFF EASY TO WORK WITH BUT SOME OF THEIR ATTITUDES NEED TO BE MORE CHEERFUL

flag | Submitted September 7, 2010

More than willing to spend whatever time is needed to explain conditions, treatment etc. One of the most knowledgeable doctors seen.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2009

Dr. Matthew L. Black's Credentials

• Univ Of Al Sch Of Med, Birmingham Al 35294 (Grad. 1993)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He gave me my life back. I want to do something for him. A doctor who really cares!"

December 5, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Black and his staff, especially Meredith, are very kind and take time to explain options for my chronic back pain. Because of his interventions, I take not..."

October 14, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=865532'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.6

February 6, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Matthew" to "Matthew L."

April 8, 2012