Ratings for Dr. Stephanie Bernik

Dr. Bernik has been an honest, compassionate and talented surgeon throughout the difficult ordeal of breast cancer. I feel blessed to have been recommended to her.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017

Dr. Bernik is a very trustworthy physician. She made me feel at peace with the tough decision of a double mastectomy but with her skilled hands and the partnership with plastic surgeon Dr. Dec, I look amazing and I am cancer free. I am very lucky to have met her.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

Dr Bernik is an outstanding professional and unbelievable human being ! I am fortunate that Dr Bernik is my surgeon, I had a long procedure. She shows true concern, I would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2017

Dr. Bernik is not only a skilled surgeon, but she is a doctor who's not afraid to show compassion. Dr. Bernik is truly a wonderful person and I have nothing but good things to say about and her staff.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Bernik in '07 when I had my first bout of breast cancer. She is a brilliant, caring, low on ego / high on talent surgeon who will get you through these difficult times with a compassionate and no bs beside manner as well as her top-notch surgical abilities. I've dealt with my cancer for several years now and the one part of it that I have nothing but good things to say something about is meeting and working with Dr. Bernik. I couldn't have been in better hands, and wonder if I'd listened to her (she wanted to operate first and I chose chemo first), maybe the cancer wouldn't have come back as fast. It's water under the dam but doesn't diminish her kind professionalism, ability and understanding. She's the best.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2014

I would recommend that patients rely on themselves to follow up on any test ordered and any authorization needed. My MRI authorization was not obtained on time which meant last minute running around (the receptionist for Dr. Bernik on that day was extremely helpful). I was not told in a timely fashion that the radiologist wanted me to come back,which lead to my losing an entire day's pay because I became an "add on" 3 days before my scheduled surgery. If you are told you have localized DCIS please get a second opinion if mastectomy is a recommendation, even though you might feel pressured for time. I did - and I'm very happy I did. However,I did have one surgery with Dr. Bernik and she is certainly a skilled surgeon.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2014

Dr. Bernik is lovely. Warm, welcoming, always treats you with optimism, smiles, while being fully present and demonstrating the utmost concerned and compassion toward her patients. She makes the whole process move along simply, and with the least amount of stress as possible on her patients. She's the best, not just with an memorable bedside manner, but REALLY one of the best breast surgeons in NYC. She does flawless/beautiful surgical work - I have no scars thanks to her surgical skills of precision and genius medical expertise. She's the real deal, it doesn't get any better than Dr. Bernik :) <3 LF

flag | Submitted March 24, 2011

Dr. Bernik is absolutely the BEST breast surgeon in the city. She is a brilliant physician as well as a warm, wonderful and compassionate woman. I thank God my doctor on S.I. recommended her.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2011

Dr. Bernik removed a mass from my right breast in 2004 when I was about 25. She was very calming, professional and supportive during what was a very unsure time. She barely left a scar and everyone I know who has used her raves about her ability and bedside manner.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2009

Dr. Stephanie Bernik's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Yale University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)