Ratings for Dr. Lawrence D. Platt

Dr. Platt was friendly and punctual. My ultrasound showed that my baby was "perfect." However, Dr. Platt leaned his arm on top of my thigh almost the whole time he was doing the ultrasound. It made feel a bit uncomfortable. My husband was in the room with me and didnt' notice, but I mentioned it to him afterward.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2011

Ok, so his bed side manner leaves a lot to be desired, and yes, he can be a little rough when trying to get the baby to get in the right position. But it is crucial that the baby be in the right position, and that he can see everything he needs to see. So I appreciated that I got a great look at my baby, and a DVD of the whole ultrasound. I've seen the list of Dr. Platt's work, and it's clear that he is primarily a researcher and lecturer. I feel very lucky to have gotten a clean bill of health from someone who is so trusted in this field.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2011

I have been going to Dr. Platt for years for detection of ovarian cancer by ultrasound. He and his staff have always been helpful and easy to be around in every way. When issues have come up he has been right on top of it with my GYN. He has state of the art equipment and has headed up major departments and organizations. When he says not to worry, I don't.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2009

Dr. Platt is cold and has no bedside manner whatsoever... something many women want when pregnant and being told that their child has downs syndrome. He has misdiagnosed me and 4 of my friends and we all have healthy beautiful children. Upon telling me my first child had downs he suggested a CVS and an abortion right away... I can't imagine if I had done that... my son is beyond perfect!! And chromosomally healthy! Run away... see Dr. Samadi. He is awesome and caring. A bit of a drive out to Palmdale/Valencia, but well worth it. I wouldn't trust my unborn babies to anyone else!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2008

Dr. Lawrence D. Platt's Credentials

• Wayne State Univ Sch Of Med, Detroit Mi 48201 (Grad. 1972)