Ratings for Dr. Donald B. Striplin

Didn't realize I would not see him post surgery and the ECF didn't have him on staff. When I asked to be seen if taken into the office via ambulance I was told I would still have to wait my turn. Care was transferred to a couple of different doctors. My medications prescribed were a problem as well as hospital monitoring. ended up in the cardiac unit and ER with a drug reaction plus a post op infection. Never again...the other hip will just have to wait..too many "Pat" answers to questions. I don't understand how one office can meet the needs of the entire TIPA group. I don't care how many extra physicians they add to the group. There are just so many rooms and the wait exceeds 1 hour PAST the appointment time...so why make one. Im going to change coverage next time around.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Dr Striplin knows what he is talking about but you always wait a long time in the waiting room and if you have an issue that needs urgent care, they seem to drag their feet with getting a follow up or resolve. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone and i will never go back to see him for any illness. Some of his staff is some of the rudest in the business. Be careful if you have to schedule another appointment after seeing him for the first time.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2010

Dr. Striplin performed artho surgery on my knee to clean up a minor tear. He was great. Had no issues with him the only draw back was the wait in the office. The practice is very busy. Went to see him a year and a half later for some hip pain. He did an x-ray and was told it was an inflamation and prescriped some meds (which I didn't take). Pain eventually went away. Would recommend.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2010

Full knee replacement. Did as advertised. Explained whole procedure from start to finish. My only complaint was how long he said it would take to recover, but I guess that varies with each patient.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2009

never got to see the doc, cant rate him, but i waited at least 90 minutes and there where people spilling into the halls waiting. i could see that there where at a dozen people still ahead of me after 90 min., i left at that point. waste of my time.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2008

This guy is a straight shooter to a fault. He explained his theories on why not to worry about side effects at all; He said that you might get run over crossing the street, but you still cross the street. Overall, I found him to be abrasive, condescending, and close-minded.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2008

Dr. Donald B. Striplin's Credentials

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)