Ratings for Dr. Matthew V. Burry

I recently had a L-5 S-1 fusion. When I woke up in the recovery room I had immediate pain relief. I feel Dr. Burry did a great job fixing my herniated disc. I have one more week of recovery. Then back to work on Monday. He explains there could be complications. I feel he's a great doctor. I have two friends that he has also done surgery on. They are both feeling great. As far as bed side manner he does have room for improvement. I wake up every morning and I'm thankful for the pain relief !

flag | Submitted July 14, 2014

Dr. Burry is an incompetent Doctor! My father went to see him for an Outpatient procedure and has not left the hospital in over 60 Days. Several Drs. he has seen since have questioned the work Dr. Burry has performed. PLEASE seek a second opinion prior to agreeing to anything from this Doctor. If this note keeps one family from going through what mine has gone through over the past two months it will be worth it.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2013

Dr. Matthew Burry should be avoided here. Dr. Burry spends almost no time consulting and informing his patients post operation. It seems to be a nuisance if you ask him to explain or expand upon treatment or your medical condition. While scheduling and preparing for surgery he sounds optimistic and reassuring. After surgery I had complications, continue to have a very high level of pain and the procedure did not achieve the results he claimed he could accomplish. He says nothing else can be done to correct my condition and is ready to just write me off to a pain management specialist. At this point I am looking at a second procedure with a different surgeon. One that has a more realistic outlook and hopefully can correct the botched procedure I have undergone. As far as pain management is concerned. Dr. Burry does not manage post opp pain effectively.Dr. Matthew Burry in My Humble Opinion, should be avoided at all cost. Be warned

flag | Submitted August 11, 2011

Dr. Matthew V. Burry's Credentials

• Columbia Univ Coll Of Physicians And Surgeons, New York Ny 10032 (Grad. 1998)

Top Hospitals in Winter Haven, FL