Ratings for Dr. Cathy Risdon

The absolute worst Doctor I've ever had. I would always wait to be seen by one of the students she was the only one available. Never had a problem with any of them!!!

flag | Submitted March 23, 2016

Looks like I'm not the only patient who avoids Dr. Risdon. I always wait until another Doctor on the team is available or try to get an after hours appointment.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2015

I had risdon for ten years and I was hoping for so much from her because of all her credentials, when I had her she was the 1 st endowed chair of go at Mac and during our relationship she went to Cambridge/Oxford for PhD/Ba, there's an old saying, the smarter you get, you go in reverse, and, get stupid, instead. She wasonly into herself, my health got worse with her than better. I went in one night for med prob and she ignored that and only spoke of her trip to Brazil that was the last time I saw her I got up told her that our relationship was over and all the thorough it my Ohio moment was very poorly spent. After that I wrote an eight page letter of complaint to her and a copytoo her superior. At the of the letter my closure was if legal aid picked up mal practice suites I take you even knowing I wouldn't win I could at least humanilnate you like you to me I could go on on here's a little secret she was the very gay to graduate out of the the old boys English ruled Mac jbb

flag | Submitted April 2, 2014

Dr. Risdon is one of my two favourite professional women in the world. She does not suffer fools gladly and for a patient who tends to be a hypochondriac and researches things prior to my appointment, Dr. Risdon knows how to take me with a grain of salt and then get to the bottom of what is going on. I have lived all over the world and one large reason I have returned to Hamilton is because I believe I have the best primary care physician on the planet. (For me) I understand how she may not be perfect for others, but she is the consummate family physician; knowledgeable about various areas of medicine, open to other complementary and alternative therapies, ready to refer you if your issue goes beyond her area of specialization. Any comments about her bedside manner on here simply stump me. She is not a gushy person, but she is most certainly empathetic and tuned in. I feel extremely lucky to be a patient with her team.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2013

I purposely wait a couple of days until another Doctor was available or went to the None Emergency clinic after regular hours to avoid Dr. Risdon. I guess that says something, doesn't it?

flag | Submitted August 8, 2013

I have had other doctors in my life and Cathy is the most personable, very helpful in many areas of my health care. She has the best bed side manner and is very interested in you as a patient. One of the best physicians - highly recommend her!!!!

flag | Submitted October 22, 2012

You can't transfer to another team once your on "Team Risdon" so new patients beware. Two different times she said she was going to order tests and I waited and didn't hear anything and ended up having to go back and start all over again with one of the medical students, explaining my symptoms and then they booked the tests and referrals Dr. Risdon DIDN'T, and then wait for THOSE appointments. The students AND receptionist checked and there was NO RECORD of Dr. Risdon booking any tests or referrals on the computer sytem. When I saw her she just sat there staring (deer in headlights) then rushed me out with a huge smile on her face saying she needed time alone in her office to book my tests and make calls for the referrals. I guess something else came up. You can avoid Dr. Risdon if you book your appointment with one of the medical students on her team or book an evening or weekend appointment with a different senior Doctor.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2011

Dr. Risdon is really terrbile. Don't get bullid by someone who says you can get banned by talking about your expriences.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2011

Our family has been with Dr Risdon for almost a decade, (heart, cancer, brain injury and diabetes issues over the years) and have found her to be very interested in getting to the root issues with symptoms that present. The teaching clinic environment is challenging, but works fine if you realize you have opted for medical service in this setting, and live with it.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2011

It is greatly disturbing that this person is allowed anywhere near the vulnerable. She is very arrogant, cold and rude. Also, she seems to be far more confident than competent. She left me with no medication or treatment for something she either should have referred me for or treated - she did neither. You go in sick and come out sicker and devastated - save your time and stay home!!!!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2011