Ratings for Dr. Herbert Okun

Many yrs ago Dr.Okun performed a relatively minor operation on me. Forget that he decided to use a revolutionary new technique that really was not necessary & that he left a giant scar. That can be debated & was not life threatening but where he went wrong is he didn't properly read my IVP of the kidneys for had he he would have seen one of my kidneys was miss shaped at birth. Yes, it gave out 6 years later when I keeled over. It was hydronephrosis, my fever shot up to 105, I could have died, I was hospitalized 2 weeks, & received major 6 hr surgery. It was reconstruction ("plastic surgery") of one kidney. Serious & scary stuff & fortunately I got the right surgeon, not Dr. Okun, for that job! Yes, Dr. Okun is a world renowned urologist. I thought he was the best when connected with him & he told us about his procedure. But he blew it big time with me. Shame on him! In the decades since, I pray he has become a better surgeon more focused on the minute details of patients.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014

Gives it to you like you need.... doesn't pull punches and encourages spouses to be present during consultation. I REAL MAN'S DOCTOR. =)

flag | Submitted June 19, 2008

Dr. Herbert Okun's Credentials

• Spanish

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1956)

Multiplan