Ratings for Dr. Marc A. Beaghler

tl;dr Do not let Dr. Marc Beaghler treat you. Ever. Beaghler diagnosed me with a urethral stricture and scheduled me for surgery, a visual internal urethrotomy, in early 2017. Late in day before surgery while doing some final research, I found a letter (https://goo.gl/xJorWM) sent to the Urethral Stricture Support group by Dr. Joel Gelman discussing stricture surgery. The letter pointed out that without an imaging study having been performed, as the patient, you were not giving informed consent. Moreover, the letter discussed the failure potential of visual internal urethrotomy related to stricture length ... Beaghler hadn't mentioned potential failure at all. Very concerned, I called Beaghler just before close of business that day and despite him being in the office, he was, reception told me, "just leaving." I saw Beaghler the next morning and when I pointed out that an imaging study hadn't been done, he dismissed it with "I've been doing these for twenty years" and when I raised the issue of potential failure, Beaghler responded "I don't have time for this" and said we should cancel surgery. He referred me to Gelman and when I had the imaging study done, it turned out that an visual internal urethrotomy would have failed in short order due to the length of the stricture. So, bottom line, avoid being treated by Dr. Marc Beaghler. He's arrogant, dismissive, sloppy, and downright dangerous.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

Botched my husband's kidney removal. Might be ok to do a vasectomy.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

I had a complicated case that Dr. Beaghler and his staff helped me through! They were kind, helpful, thorough, and professional all the way through the process. I was fearful of the robotic surgery but they eased my fears and I had a very successful procedure done even though it was much worse than he anticipated! He had Dr. Edwin Ramirez assist him and Dr. Ramirez also did part of the surgery with Dr. Beaghler assisting him. Both doctors were professional and very calming to me. The surgery was over 51/2 hours long, but they completely fixed all of my internal issues and I repaired remarkably fast and was home in a very short time after the surgery! Thank you to both doctors and their staff!

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

Dr. Beaghler has treated my dad for prostate CA since 1998. In Dec 2013 he informed my dad that unless he had two nephrostymy tubes placed he would be dead within two weeks. The tubes were placed and have been a constant source of problems with 6 emergency room visits due to clogged tubes in 4 months. On Thurs of last week we again had clogged tubes. Phone calls were placed to the office on Thurs, Fri and Mon with no response. I ended up calling the cath lab at our local hospital and made the appt for a tube change myself. Yesterday, Wed, the NP called my brother and informed him that there is "nothing else they can do" for our dad and they will not see him again. REALLY??? With a fresh nephrostomy tube placement? Also since I began attending office visits with my dad in October 2013 I have only seen Dr. Beaghler once. Worst client care and follow up I have ever experienced.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2014

Dr Beaghler is an outstanding urologist. He has University training at is on the Clinical teaching staff at USC. He has expertise in urinary stone disease and advanced Robotic surgery. His staff was excellent and I had perfect results from my surgery. He is a leader in the medical community in Ventura and has been the Chief of the Medical staff at Community Memorial Hospital in Ventura. I would recommend him with my highest possible recommendation.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2013

Front office staff efficient, helpful, but could smile more. Nurses and back office very empathetic, comforting, and efficient. Doctor Beaghler observes and listens to the patient carefully and takes whatever time is required to understand the complaints. Upon examination, he explains the various options and comments on the different treatments. He then listens to the patient's responses and finally gives his recommendation on what he feels is the best course of action. He insures that the patient understands the remedy and is comfortable with the plan of treatment. Before the visit is over, he makes sure that all of the patient's questions are answered. In summary, he is a very conscientious doctor and has my complete confidence.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2013

Dr Beaghler was aggressive in treating my aggressive prostrate cancer. I am alive and well 12 years later. He and his staff are a great team to have on your side.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2013

One of only a few trained surgeons in Ventura area to use the DeVinci robotic surgery method. Dr. Beaghler is knowledgeable, thorough, and an excellent surgeon who lets the patient help decide which treatment option to follow.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2013

flag | Submitted June 18, 2008

Dr. Marc A. Beaghler's Credentials

• Creighton University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Ventura, CA