Ratings for Dr. John Grady Benson

Hip replacement pre-surgery, surgery, post.. could not be better for patient, st francis hosp excellent staff care

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

My husband and I have a total of five joint replacements done by Dr. Grady Benson. We have nothing but the highest praise for him and his staff. He is the kindest, most caring human I have ever met. I have sent many friends to him and every one of them feels the same. After 10 years we have never had a problem with any of the surgeries. Anyone who thinks him egotistical or callous needs a psychologist.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

Egoistical, callous, an absolute disgrace to his profession, Orthopedic Surgery. Such a Shame-he was excellent in replacing my right hip in 2001 but refused to do the left citing "Indeed she is correct that the intra-operative findings on the right hip at surgery were much more severe than noted on any previous radiographic assessments, the risks of hip replacement surgery in this young individual are not acceptable given the minimal radiographic findings." He then hooked me up with a dr who readily handed out pain scripts for the next 8 years until I could stand the pain no more. It is now 2015 and I suffer spine & knee problems that are the result of the hereditary degeneration & disfigurement of the joints & years of seeking help; all for naught due to age & no tests, x-rays, exams showed the true extent of the damage. And the saga continues as it's passed down to sons & daughters with no firm diagnosis nor treatment to stop this affliction. if Dr John Grady Benson had any compassion or true enthusiasm for Orthopedic Surgery; he would not only excel at repairing the joints but he could have become a catalyst to the source and possible resolution to this infliction.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

Man is this guy full of himself and his staff thinks they are waiters at le cirque

flag | Submitted March 5, 2015

Very kind and human surgeon Calls before surgery to personally Reassure the patient

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

Rude rude RUDE staff. They really should do a detail at Mayo Clinic, Huntsman Cancer Center, and University of Utah Med Center.....wow, I've never been treated SO badly by medical "professionals." Dr. G-B's reputation is a good one, but his staff is seriously lacking in professional customer service, and communication etiquette.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2014

very kind, polite supporting staff. Dr.Grady-Benson is a very skillful, caring first-rate surgeon

flag | Submitted April 23, 2014

He did not fully explain the risks and when I had a postoperative complication, he blamed me. He would only have me see his PA afterwards. A second (and third) opinion I obtained in desperation afterward confirmed that Grady-Bensen did the surgery incorrectly, and never had the decency to admit it.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2014

Just had my second total knee replacement in 8 weeks. I am so impressed with Dr Grady Benson, his staff and the staff at St Francis Hospital. They kept me well informed from my initial exam, what to expect during my stay and what to expect after surgery. The scar left from the surgery lets me believe that in 6 months I won't be able to tell that I had surgery. If the outside is so perfect you know that what he put together on the inside is of the same caliber.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2013

Just adding another excellent review. Guy did a double hip replacement on me. Very personable and knowledgeable. Very, very cautious about infection and pain. Excellent customer service, can't go wrong with him.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2013

Dr. John Grady Benson's Credentials

• Northwestern Univ Med Sch, Chicago Il 60611 (Grad. 1985)