Ratings for Dr. John Grady Benson

Egoistical, callous, an absolute disgrace to his profession, Orthopedic Surgery. Such a Shame-he was excellent in replacing my right hip in 2001 but refused to do the left citing "Indeed she is correct that the intra-operative findings on the right hip at surgery were much more severe than noted on any previous radiographic assessments, the risks of hip replacement surgery in this young individual are not acceptable given the minimal radiographic findings." He then hooked me up with a dr who readily handed out pain scripts for the next 8 years until I could stand the pain no more. It is now 2015 and I suffer spine & knee problems that are the result of the hereditary degeneration & disfigurement of the joints & years of seeking help; all for naught due to age & no tests, x-rays, exams showed the true extent of the damage. And the saga continues as it's passed down to sons & daughters with no firm diagnosis nor treatment to stop this affliction. if Dr John Grady Benson had any compassion or true enthusiasm for Orthopedic Surgery; he would not only excel at repairing the joints but he could have become a catalyst to the source and possible resolution to this infliction.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

Man is this guy full of himself and his staff thinks they are waiters at le cirque

flag | Submitted March 5, 2015

Very kind and human surgeon Calls before surgery to personally Reassure the patient

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

Rude rude RUDE staff. They really should do a detail at Mayo Clinic, Huntsman Cancer Center, and University of Utah Med Center.....wow, I've never been treated SO badly by medical "professionals." Dr. G-B's reputation is a good one, but his staff is seriously lacking in professional customer service, and communication etiquette.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2014

very kind, polite supporting staff. Dr.Grady-Benson is a very skillful, caring first-rate surgeon

flag | Submitted April 23, 2014

He did not fully explain the risks and when I had a postoperative complication, he blamed me. He would only have me see his PA afterwards. A second (and third) opinion I obtained in desperation afterward confirmed that Grady-Bensen did the surgery incorrectly, and never had the decency to admit it.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2014

Just had my second total knee replacement in 8 weeks. I am so impressed with Dr Grady Benson, his staff and the staff at St Francis Hospital. They kept me well informed from my initial exam, what to expect during my stay and what to expect after surgery. The scar left from the surgery lets me believe that in 6 months I won't be able to tell that I had surgery. If the outside is so perfect you know that what he put together on the inside is of the same caliber.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2013

Just adding another excellent review. Guy did a double hip replacement on me. Very personable and knowledgeable. Very, very cautious about infection and pain. Excellent customer service, can't go wrong with him.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2013

Dr.Grady Benson is not only an amazing doctor but is also very caring and personable. He is very knowledgable and I felt safe and secure in his care. I highly recommend him and his staff.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2012

My quailty of life was saved by the surgey preform by Dr Grady Benson.I thank God everyday his knowledge and ability. I was in constent pain and unable to walk or stand straight until the my hip replacement surgery. I now have lived pain free in this hip I am so greatful. THANKS AGAIN

flag | Submitted January 22, 2012

Dr. John Grady Benson's Credentials

• Northwestern Univ Med Sch, Chicago Il 60611 (Grad. 1985)