Ratings for Dr. Ben Steinberg

It would be totally remiss of me to tell others about Dr Ben Steinberg. I really think Dr Steinberg is a contender for best psychiatrist in Brisbane. He is utterly professional but there is a kindness about him and concern for you that just kind of bursts out of him from a place I think even he can't control, even at the first appointment. I just loved being in a room with Dr Ben Steinberg. As an added bonus he is the Medical Director of New Farm Clinic (at time of writing) and of course has admitting rights there. There is only one place you want to be if you need an inpatient admission in Brisbane and that is New Farm Clinic. For privacy, professionalism and facilities it is without peer. I was stunned when this incredible psychiatrist only charged me $340 for an initial consultation when every hopeless case about the place was charging me $400. I asked my GP who said - "He is at the top of his game and obviously does it for the love of it".

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

Definitely don't go to Ben Steinberg for help if you have been abused by another psychiatrist. I should add , the psychiatrist who abused me was de-registered by the SA Medical Board about twelve months after seeing Steinberg. I found Steinberg to be interested only in protecting his colleague, the psychaiatrist who drugged and abused me, to the point of attempting to blame me, the victim for the abuse I had suffered.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2016

Don't know how this quack has managed to stay in business for so long.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

They are father and son the two Dr Steinberg's I find Ben helpful and really easy to talk to but give him 3-4 visits as my first visit I was scared of him but now really like him

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

my dealings with the doctor have been great over the last 3years my health has being up and down but ben has got me through the really hard times. I would travel from cairns or Melbourne to see him. my health at the moment is ok and it really helps to see him often to.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

Over nearly three decades I've found Dr Ben to be the most helpful person on this planet and that includes my parents. There is no cure for what I have but that's not his fault. But my visits to him keep me on course and quite happy.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2011

Very poor reports about this person. Can create more problems in the client

flag | Submitted January 18, 2011

This particular doctor was very unhelpful and quite possibly damaging to my mental health. After three long arduous years of therapy, I finished my therapy requiring hospitalisation and medication. My self esteem in tatters.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2010

Caring and kind, but like the last person who made a comment, it was so long ago that I went that maybe I'm getting the Steinberg's confused. I agree with the last person in that it is difficult to pay if you are poor and then you may go away feeling more depressed and what can you change about your past anyway. Nothing so why talk, just deal with it as they can't change anything anyway.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2008

I'm not sure if it was this Dr or the other Dr Steinberg I saw. Are they related? They don't do anything though, just listen and talk and what good is that. They are very rich, which made me feel wrotten as I'm so poor. Give psychiatry a try as it won't do you any harm, but they have their own set of issues anyway. I really can't recall which Dr Steinberg I saw so sorry if I've got this all wrong. Maybe just buy yourself a coffee instead one week as that maybe better for you. Listen to what they have to say, but take it with a grain of salt as they have had different lives so how do they realise what trauma is like. A wonderful listener and caring Dr if it was this one I saw but I could be wrong as I think there is also a Jon Steinberg up the road [maybe they are brothers].

flag | Submitted June 20, 2008