Ratings for Dr. Ben Steinberg

I wouldnt recommend this Doctor. He is full of lies and contradictions which made my conditon worse. He has an outright conservative view of his patient,which doesn't help the patient doctor relationship. He like to categorize you straight away. But when years later I saw him a second time he changed his mind about my diagnosis and gave me a completely new diagnosis. If Professor Zsasz were alive today he would completey discredit this doctor and for that matter Psychiatry itself.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2018

I honestly believe that the reason patients don't share how great this man is is because they don't want to have to compete with other (new) patients to get appointments. Shame on you all patients of Dr Ben Steinberg who do this! Prospective patients of Dr Ben Steinberg should make the call for an appointment now. Really he is very good quality - kindly and knowledgable.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2018

It would be totally remiss of me to tell others about Dr Ben Steinberg. I really think Dr Steinberg is a contender for best psychiatrist in Brisbane. He is utterly professional but there is a kindness about him and concern for you that just kind of bursts out of him from a place I think even he can't control, even at the first appointment. I just loved being in a room with Dr Ben Steinberg. As an added bonus he is the Medical Director of New Farm Clinic (at time of writing) and of course has admitting rights there. There is only one place you want to be if you need an inpatient admission in Brisbane and that is New Farm Clinic. For privacy, professionalism and facilities it is without peer. I was stunned when this incredible psychiatrist only charged me $340 for an initial consultation when every hopeless case about the place was charging me $400. I asked my GP who said - "He is at the top of his game and obviously does it for the love of it".

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

Definitely don't go to Ben Steinberg for help if you have been abused by another psychiatrist. I should add , the psychiatrist who abused me was de-registered by the SA Medical Board about twelve months after seeing Steinberg. I found Steinberg to be interested only in protecting his colleague, the psychaiatrist who drugged and abused me, to the point of attempting to blame me, the victim for the abuse I had suffered.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2016

Don't know how this quack has managed to stay in business for so long.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

They are father and son the two Dr Steinberg's I find Ben helpful and really easy to talk to but give him 3-4 visits as my first visit I was scared of him but now really like him

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

my dealings with the doctor have been great over the last 3years my health has being up and down but ben has got me through the really hard times. I would travel from cairns or Melbourne to see him. my health at the moment is ok and it really helps to see him often to.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

Over nearly three decades I've found Dr Ben to be the most helpful person on this planet and that includes my parents. There is no cure for what I have but that's not his fault. But my visits to him keep me on course and quite happy.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2011

Very poor reports about this person. Can create more problems in the client

flag | Submitted January 18, 2011

This particular doctor was very unhelpful and quite possibly damaging to my mental health. After three long arduous years of therapy, I finished my therapy requiring hospitalisation and medication. My self esteem in tatters.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2010