Ratings for Dr. Phil Inouye

Not personable, actually quite skittish. I had to fire him. Too bad... He had such good ratings.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

This doctor is highly regarded in the community and received all kind of praises on this website. My overall experience is very different - I saw very little care from him and his staff, which is not surprising considering his practice, is run as a very shrewd business. After waiting for over 2 years after my doctor’s referral, I got my first rendezvous with him. He was attentive while making promises to resolve my situation with long-term abdominal pain. He booked me for colonoscopy even though my last one was fairly recent. After colonoscopy and also endoscopy his attitude changed drastically he was no longer caring and practically became dismissive. He was not able to provide me with diagnosis; not exactly gently hinting that I need to loose weight (I am very far from being fat) as well as pushing the pills that I clearly indicated to him were not working for me. He just did not care! Even though after all expensive tests our last conversation did not provide me with any clues into my condition nor offered me any helpful tips how to manage the pain, I was still hoping that I can at least see him if things get worse. No such luck – his door is even more firmly shut than before: no more new referrals for anyone and his existing patients need to go through family doctor first and provide him with paperwork before he considers to see them again. I had been “fortunate” to see him in his office 2 times and was the only person in his waiting room – there was nobody else waiting for the appointment (this is with the waiting time of more than 2 years). My conclusion is very simple – this doctor is only interested in being paid for expensive procedures (tests, surgeries). He feels no obligation to check on his patients’ condition and will damp you as soon as all tests are done, especially if no expensive surgeries are needed. Considering the lack of specialists in the area, his “business” will continue to thrive while his not so profitable patients continue to suffer.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

I wish I would have got this doctor for my colonoscopy had no problem 5 years ago but I end up getting a real quack this time and I'm still suffering,

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

I really lucked out with Dr. Inouye! He was the treating physician in the ER for me about 5 years ago and immediately put me at ease (and made the nurse give me the right amount of painkiller!) I'd had a couple of colonoscopies that didn't exactly leave me jazzed (one of them was with a doctor that made the news...and not in a good way). He knocked me out and when I woke up, it was all over, no residual pain, no bleeding, nothing at all. He admitted me to the hospital and I was nervous about taking steroids to get my UC under control but he took the time to explain everything and reassure me that I wouldn't suffer any long-term effects. He kept me as a patient and I've seen him a couple of times a year since then. Very kind, very knowledgeable, polite, really listens to you...and not hard to look at (that's just a bonus) and his staff are just treasures! Very accommodating, professional but warm and friendly.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

I am so grateful for this caring and expert gastroenterologist. I have never felt better. I knew I was in good hands when I went in for my first colonoscopy and the surgical nurse at QCH whispered to me "He is the best... you have nothing to worry about". His nurse/receptionist is lovely and kind too.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

Best doctor for gluten issues or gastric issues. Always professional and on time.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

In April 2015 I had a bleeding artery. I lost 2 liters of blood in the emergency room and fell unconscious before Dr Inouye was called in. He saved my life! His amazing skills stopped the bleeding, repaired the rupture, infused me with fluids, and I was discharged in 10 days. The nurses at the General and the QCH were the best. The ER at QCH not so much. Many thanks to all.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

Wow! Helped me with a significant colon problem. It was like the Calvary arriving. Very professional ,calm , and extremely capable. Recommend him highly without reservation.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2015

Dr. Inouye is a great doctor. He's helped me with pains that I've had for many years. He's very caring and compassionate. His receptionist is great. She's always so pleasant and happy. I'm so happy my family doctor referred me to this amazing group.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

A few years ago I went to hospital with a necrotic gall bladder. Dr Inouye was consulted as I nearly died during the surgery. He is an excellent doctor with excellent knowledge. He saved my life.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015