Ratings for Dr. Barry F. Scanlon

The worst! Gave me what ended up being a toxic level of medication that ended putting me in to a coma for 3 days! Dangerous. Stay away!

Submitted August 17, 2016

Always professional and friendly. He is not the doctor you should go to for therapy sessions, but for medicinal treatment. I go to a Psychologist when I need to talk through things, and he works closely with her to make sure my visits are helpful. He is very dry and clinical but I'd like to think his knowledge and expertise has helped me a great deal.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

Dr. Scanlon was very condescending towards me. He also gave me a toxic level of medication that, had I not been in the hospital (was in the hospital for surgery), I would have died. I came out of surgery just fine, and within a couple of hours, was basically comatose. They could not wake me for three days! I have not, and will not, go back to him. I have developed such a fear of seeing anyone other than the MD's that I see currently and was seeing prior to this happening. Do NOT see this person. Thankfully I am alive today, but that is no thanks whatsoever to Dr. Scanlon.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2013

I must agree with the last review. I have seen Dr. Scanlon 2 times now. I was hoping that my first experience would prove to be a one-time event. Sadly the second visit with him left me feeling even colder toward him. He seemed uncaring and very cold. There was no attempt at a and doctor/patient connection made at all. He showed no emotions nor feelings of empathy as to what was happening in my life to lead me to this point. I will be looking for a new doctor. On the plus side the medication prescribed has proved to be very helpful.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2013

Dr. Scanlon gives me the impression that he couldn't care less about his patient's well being, that he is just doing a job or that he'd rather be somewhere else, even if he knows what he is talking about. He rarely looked at me when I was speaking and barely showed any human emotion when he spoke. I felt like a lab specimen in his office. I also thought his answers to some of my questions were expedient and judgmental. And he's only available 3 days a week. I will be changing physicians.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2011

Very helpful. Family and friends noticed a difference in me after just a few visits! To the person who posted that they were not given what they wanted but what they needed. That's the key. You don't necessarily get what you want. That isn't what Drs are supposed to do. Quacks may, but real MDs do not. Dr. Scanlon has been great for me and to me. My other MDs think very highly of him as well.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2011

Very experienced doctor that has his patients' best interest at heart.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2011

I think he is great at medication treatment or at least keeps trying at it. He will not however look at you or talk with you. He may listen but you stop talking because he always has his head burried in your file trying to figure out who you are and what he's treating, even after years. If drug therapy is all you want he's fine.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2009

Dr truly cares about his patients, helped me greatly with RLS, does not always give you what you want but seems to give what you need, which I can deal with.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Dr. Barry F. Scanlon's Credentials

• Mayo Medical School (Grad. 1977)