Ratings for Dr. Uzzi Reiss

This doctor was very insensitive to me and my baby.He was very impatient with my family.When it came time for me to give birth he basically slept until the last minute.As I was giving birth he screamed at me to hold back.It was then I realized he had no idea what women experience when giving birth.It was as if he were screaming at the ocean to stop crashing on the shore.By the end of it I had almost bled to death, and there was blood all over the floor.The nurses were rolling their eyes and commenting about,"how he always does this."He wanted to get home in time for dinner so he pulled on my placenta before it was ready to come out.He had to sew me up so quickly that they didn't have time to give me pain meds.Extreme pain.Then they had to give me a massive blood transfusion. I have never received an explanation as to what actually happened.A month later he tells me not to pick up my baby when he cries and that if I don't have sex with my husband right away,he will leave me.Enuf said.

Submitted October 16, 2013

EI thought as a single mom, I would take my savings and drive two hours to see the best doctor. I literally walked into his office sobbing. Suffering from panic attacks, depression, anxiety, joint pain, the muscle pain, insomnia, brain fog..Dr. Reiss told me wearing a bra creates breast cancer, he looked over a fifty year old woman's chart and im only 38. I had to tell him twice that he hathe wrong chart. Then he drew me aa map of a wo mans estrogen cycle, handed me an estrogen cream and a progesterone cream and basically

Submitted October 8, 2013

I called a compounding pharmacist for a recommendation for a holistic/hormone Dr. I told him a friend went to Dr Reiss,he said NO NO NO!! He's knows him and said he's got zero bed side manner,waay too expensive and he basically perscribes the same thing to everybody! There are many many dr's in LA that do what he does for half the price and with a kinder/gentler way.....Don't be fooled by Books and him being on Oprah!

flag | Submitted October 1, 2012

I'd been seeing this doctor for over 10 years. The main reason I kept going to him was because I wanted to use natural hormones. He prescribed them for me (in addition to many other products and tests over the years costing me 10s of thousands of dollars), but he basically told me to use them as I "feel", no specific dosage, no real follow ups. And every time I brought up the concern for the use of these hormones over long period of time, he'd tell me I can use them for as long as I live, and that they're very safe. Six months ago, after using his hormones and other products for over 10 years, I was diagnosed with Stage III Ovarian Cancer. All the doctors whom I've seen since for my surgery and treatments, have told me that I should've stopped using the hormones many years ago, and that they're mostly suspecting that the hormones caused my cancer. I wish I'd never found out about this terrible doctor. Just DON'T GO TO HIM.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2012

No words can express how Dr. Reiss has clearly helped with my health. Pms, insomnia,sadness, anxiety, panic and fear of working out. I have seen so many Doctors and wish I would have known who he was. He is a humble man and literally took me under his wing. He did not charge to speak to him or email him. His staff is superior. The relationship I have with him and his staff is a sincere one. There are options and certainly you can buy other vitamins, but if someone can bring you back.......that is a gift. I cannot express how thankful I am to him and his staff. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2012

flag | Submitted February 2, 2012

amazing dr, he changed my life by changing my hormones and diet. I was depressed and had very painful cycles, now i feel more confident and have no pain monthly. he is God sent

flag | Submitted January 10, 2012

Being involved in natural health for over 25 yrs.- I was so excited to find a medical doctor who is way beyond any medical or naturopathic in this world. If you prefer drugs- & don't want to take responsibility for yourself & do not understand that the entire physical & mental choices affect your health-you will not be able to appreciate this man's incredible knowledge.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2011

This doctor is very knowledgable of bioidentical hormones however he is money driven. I am a nurse and never met a doctor that is soo much into money that patients in my life!!Last time I spoke to him on the phone to go over the labs he charged me $350 for 30 min. Then I had another problem with supplements I was taking and he charged my $225 to speak on the phone for 15 min. you can communicate with email but he will not read everything you write and you end up with your questions unanswered. If you persist he accuses you for taking too much of his time and demands you see him in the office. His price in the office is $450. unless you are a celebrity, you will go bankrupt trying to get help from this doctor. Please keep searching for other doctors. He is not God and definetely not the only doctor that is good with hormones. He is toooo gready.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2010

NO, Don't go. I having been using Dr. Reiss for 18 years, BUT in the past 3 I haven't been pleased. He seems too busy and preoccupied. He orders numerous tests and then counsels you when he does NOT have the results in front of him. A counseling session runs $400 and I didn't even find out what the problem was. I have not been able to get a straight answer about when the tests were actually received into his office, but they assured me (haha) that he WOULD have told me any results of those tests. Funny enough I had to call numerous times with many physical symptoms until I finally got an answer with regard to the prognosis. I have been requesting copies of my records since the beginning of Oct and they still have not been sent out. Then of course he wants you to buy all of his very expensive formulas. The last batch cost %462. and they sent it out without bothering to tell me a the total charge, instead simply charging my credit card and sending the goods. Once again DON'T GO!!!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2010

Dr. Uzzi Reiss's Credentials

• Technion-Israel Inst Of Tech, Fac Of Med, Haifa, Israel (Grad. 1972)