Ratings for Dr. Nancy C. Keller-Madden

Went for a consultation about contraception. Asked if I was married and told me "IUDs are for married women who are spacing out their pregnancies" and that if I had more than one partner with an IUD I would "get an infection and become infertile." And then, as I was becoming increasingly perturbed by our conversation, she "comforted" me by saying "It's okay--there are many women throughout history who have had more than one partner." Absolutely insulting - would never see her again. Not sure what is more disturbing - her lack of medical information about a basic part of her specialization, or her willingness to foist her personal beliefs on her patients.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

Dr. Keller - Madden is awesome. She is the best doctor I ever had.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

Menopause was not my friend. Dr. Madden's receptionist assured me that doctor would prescribe hormone replacement. Dr. later informed me that she would not. Said she didn't believe in it. That it was a natural phase in my life and I should "just get used to it". For 6 years I tried to "get used to" worsening hot flashes, fatigue, weight gain, foggy mind, greying hair,cackly voice, severe sleep disturbance, urinary incontinence, etc. She told me to wear a diaper. However, she did agree to remove the polyps that infested my uterus. Surprised that she did not consider that "natural" as well, thus needing no treatment! I was able to find a physician (Dr. Gruszynski-alas recently retired) who agreed to the hormone replacement. After many months, the abovementioned symptoms are gone. We need more Physicians like Dr. Gruszynski. It was an honor to meet him. Dr. Madden is the one that should have retired.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

She never acted interested in what was wrong. I was just a paycheck. I ended up in the ER twice, because she never followed up, or checked in to see how I was doing. Don't ever go to her.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2013

I have struggled finding an OB since mine moved out of the area. I wanted to stay with the SB Clinic and choose Madden. I have been to her about 4-5 times. Each time she has not been very warm, and at times pretty rude. I continued to go to her because I am not picky and she wasn't that bad and plain laziness in looking for another doctor. My annual is up and I dreading to go to her so I am going to look for someone else.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2013

My beef wasn't so much with the Doctor as the wait. Each time I was scheduled to see this doctor, I had to wait about an hour in waiting area...Isn't my time important too?

flag | Submitted March 26, 2008

Dr. Nancy C. Keller-Madden's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Buffalo School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)

Oxford