Ratings for Dr. Roy D. Nini

Very focused extremely knowledgeable caring really wants and desires to help individuals

flag | Submitted September 3, 2016

As the yelp cliché now goes, ‘if only there were zero stars…’ Please do yourself a HUGE favor and find another doctor’s office for your ailment(s). You will be sparing yourself from being had by two unethical crooks. I only wish I had read the online reviews before making an appointment. Looks like I will have to get my hindsight checked as well. Long story short: Dr. Nini’s office was recommended to me by my rheumatologist. I had been having chronic back pain that was presumed to be a pinched nerve. I wanted to jump straight to an MRI to confirm this but my rheumatologist recommended a nerve test first. I went ahead and called to make an appointment so that I could get the nerve test done and therefore get the MRI that I knew I needed. When calling to make an appointment, I made sure that they accepted my health insurance. I got a point blank: ‘yes, we take that insurance.’ When I got to the office for my appointment, I presented my insurance card and confirmed, yet again, that they take my insurance. I was assured that they do take it. I had my appointment with Dr. Lee, was zapped a bunch of times in the leg and came away with inconclusive test results. Waste of time, which is fine. At least it only cost me a co-pay, right? OR SO I THOUGHT. Oddly, three days after my appointment, I was called by Dr. Nini’s office and was asked what my insurance was. Again, I provided the info and reminded them that I gave them my card to copy while in the office. I had also filled out paperwork (which must have been lost? Who knows.) Again, it was confirmed that they accept my insurance. A month later I received a bill for $2780. Insurance had only covered a minimal amount. When I called to discuss this with Dr. Nini’s office, I asked, yet again: ‘do you take ____ insurance’? She said ‘yes, we do.’ I then asked ‘that’s funny, because I have a bill that says otherwise.’ Only then did the truth come out. ‘Oh yeah, we take ____ insurance but the Dr. is out of network.’ Huh? That’s like saying ‘yes, we take your insurance but also don’t at all’. It makes no sense. I started reading online reviews and saw that I wasn’t alone. Many other had been had by this type of misrepresentative fraud. I would mention which insurance company I have (it’s a major one) but I wouldn’t want to give the impression that others besides mine are accepted here. You’ll never truly know until you get a bill. You certainly will not get an honest answer from Dr. Nini’s office. I tried for numerous months to try and settle this but my calls were ignored by the doctor. His receptionists kept referring me, per his instructions likely, to their third party accounting service—somewhere in El Segundo, where a woman who had not lied to me in their office, was forced to explain to me that the doctor was out of network and I owed $2780. Unreal. I didn’t fault her. She was just doing her job and was being used as a shield so that the real liar didn’t have to deal with this. It wasn’t until I got a FINAL bill from Dr. Nini’s third party billing service that I decided to send a certified letter threatening legal action if I didn’t hear back from THEM SPECIFICALLY, not their billing service. I explained how they had misled me numerous times and that I should only be paying a $40 co-pay for the visit. Even this letter was ignored for a month. It was until NEW YEAR’S EVE that I heard, yet again, from Dr. Nini’s third party service. The gist of her call was ‘we got your letter. I spoke with the doctor. His is willing to take $500 flat instead of the $2780 but you have to pay now. If you don’t we’ll go to collections with the full amount next month.’ Is this person a doctor or a used car salesman, you ask? I have no clue. Does this seem like professional/ethical behavior? You decide. Regardless, you should spare yourself the trouble and find another doctor besides Dr. Roy Nini or Dr. Lee. After 6 months of having this weigh on me, I decided to pay these crooks $500 to go just away. Again, I am not alone, based on other online reviews. Consider my error in judgment your blessing in disguise.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015

Terrible! And a criminal on top of it all. The worst doctor of all time. Stay away, far away.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

After seeing several docs in this practice (who all wanted to railroad me into surgery and laughed at me, literally about acupuncture, chiropractic, physical therapy) Then refused to give me pain meds after a month if I didnt schedule surgery... I saw another sports medicine guy at Cedars who saw me for 5 minutes, did un-necessary xrays and then THANK GOD HE SENT ME TO DR. NINI! He spent allot of time with me, going over my x-rays, mri's and honestly talking to me about my neck disc issues, fear of surgery, pain med needs, therapies, my experiences with other doctors there (that he could say but acknowledges how they are). We decided on nerve test, then nerve blocks as soon as I can get scheduled. He will do temp. injections till then AND WHEN MY NECK WENT BAD THIS WEEKEND HE RETURNED MY CALL, called in meds, made a plan with me. I really like this doc, as I said most docs treat yo like an ignorant child and Dr. Nini is very respectful and dare I say a cool guy !

flag | Submitted April 27, 2014

After 5 appointments and 3.5 weeks later I still wasn't on my way to getting better. In fact, I got worse. Once we found out I had a herniated disk I thought we would proceed faster to alleviate the pain.weeks out to get apts. I went to an apt, he just prescribed pills. waited 3 wks for nerve test. waited 1.7 wks for shot. Scheduling conlicts and mistakes. He's too busy, doesn't care. Went to 3 useless apts nothing happened. I can't help but feel that I've been completely had and that my money for repeated doctor visits with no answers, tests and information given to me was fueling his sick coke binged evenings with ****s. I saw Dr. Nini 5 times total, one visit I got an xray, another visit i looked at my mri and told me it was a herniated disk. and 3 visits that entailed absolutely nothing but broken promises. I should of had a nerve test completed by the 2 week. I'm going on a month now.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2011

Dr Nini is my pain doctor; post major back surgery, broken hip and post total hip replacement, Dr Nini has treated me with respect, kindness and professional excellence. He listened to me about an issue with hip pain, He ordered an MRI and found I needed a total hip replac. Dr Nini recommended an excellent orthopedic surgeon for me. Dr Nini and his staff respond promptly to calls, questions and concerns. Although it is a busy practice, I always feel cared for and not rushed during my appts. I trust Dr Nini and continue to see him for pain issues. I would recommend Dr Nini to my colleagues, friends and family. He is an excellent Physician.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2011

I would not recommend this doctor. Dr. Nini is expensive. In addition to my 3 office co-pays, he billed me an additional $$$ for his services. I had two appointments with him that totaled LESS than 5 minutes. His assistant that booked my two needle injections did so at places that she guaranteed were covered by my health insurance-they were not. I ended up paying more for this doctor, 2 injections and three off visits than I did having SURGERY at the hospital. After months of phone calls and e-mails he never responded to my repeated requests for explanation of my bills. Don't go to a doctor that has NO bedside manner, especially Dr. Nini.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2011

Dr. Roy D. Nini's Credentials

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1998)

Sask Health