Ratings for Dr. Mounzer B. Al Samman

Knowlegable and trustworthy. the staff are very helpful and caring.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2011

I can only tell you the nightmare this doctor and his staff have been. Not only does he not read your chart before prescribing something (he tried to get me on a drug that had put me in the ER) but this 'GI' doctor doesn't realize that the intestines process food: according to him, food has nothing to do with GI symptoms. That said, rest assured you know more than he does about nutrition, even if you know nothing about it. The latest problem I had, he said, just do what I tell you, so I did...but unfortunately his command to take a drug put me in the ER on Christmas Eve. His office staff are exceedingly negligent as well: they sent me an order form for a blood test but it was blank! Meaning, the poor nurses at Quest Diagnostics didn't know why they should be pulling my blood. Also, I can tell by the way they let the doctor leave for the day without giving him his messages that they probably don't care what you have to tell the doctor. His practice is a nightmare.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2010

it's always a red flag when the wait time is 10 minutes or less. I would love to meet a doctor who stayed in the room for at least 15 minutes and who would show at least SOME knowledge of my condition--not the patented prescriptions that he plans to prescribe. That said, this doctor is NOT the doctor you want to see, and for MANY reasons: 1. he prescribed a refill for me for a drug that induced my first flare up-which led me to a 3 day hospital stay and 2 blood transfusions. This means he didn't look at my chart before calling in the refill, 2. i still have not received a refill so i have been off my prescription for 6 days now. I'm scared. 3. he said i could still eat ice cream. um, ANYONE who has common sense would see this being bad advice - especially for someone with an intestinal disease like me. But hey, HE's the gastroenterologist, right? Wrong. Avoid this doctor at all costs and save your health!

flag | Submitted September 5, 2010

Dr. Alsamman is an excellent physician, I had a very good experience with him and his staff.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2008

Dr. Mounzer B. Al Samman's Credentials

• Univ Of Aleppo, Fac Of Med, Aleppo, Syria (Grad. 1987)

Commercial Insurance Company