Ratings for Dr. Donato Spensieri

Staff is great... Dr. Spensieri is excellent..on the mark with every diagnosis.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2018

Needs to retire!! Diagosed my father with depression when he had leukemia. Loves to prescribe medication

flag | Submitted April 26, 2018

I was a patient of his by default because my family lived down the street. From birth to childhood to adolecence everything from terrible stomach aches to skin rashes to anorexia was dismissed. He told my parents I was faking it just to get attention. At my worse, I was 75lbs when my high school teacher helped me recover from an eating disorder that Dr Spencieri told me was nothing. By far the worse doctor ever.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2018

I wish I could give this doctor a zero. When I was a teenager, he gave me a med that I was allergic to. I went back to see him the next day, covered in bruises. There dots of blood in my eyes! My urine was pink because my kidneys were bleeding and he told me to keep taking the medication. I was just a teenager. What did I know? Anyway, I ended up at Sick Kids and it's a miracle I'm alive today. He didn't even inquire about my health even though he knew I was hospitalized. To this day, decades later, I suffer from post traumatic stress disorder. Thank you, Dr. Spensieri. I just wanted you to know that you ruined my life.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

My father has been seeing this so called doctor for years. I don't even know how he got a license to practice. He is a horrible doctor and does not listen to anything you have to say. His cure is it will pass. Sure when I'm died. I strongly suggest to see a walk in doctor that is well educated and up to date with treatments. Dr spensieri should retire and give up. He is so luck to have the old ppl that go to see him cause he talks Italian. But his staff are more educated them him and are great to deal with.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

I feel like Dr. Spensieri doesn't care about his patients and does not listen at all. He's completely incompetent. He has given me lectures for taking medications THAT HE PRESCRIBED FOR ME TO BEGIN WITH - when he actually prescribes something other than Tylenol, which is his miracle drug. do not waste your time visiting this "doctor".

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

He's the only Dr that listens to you and he's always been bang on with his diagnosis and if he doesn't know something he ALWAYS refers you to specialists. He NEVER brushes you off. He has saved a couple of people in my life and i am grateful to him! I don't want him to retire EVER!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2014

Lacks empathy! Acts way to superior and makes you feel uncomfortable bringing up concerns as they get brushed off quickly if they get listened to. I smartened up in my mid forties and changed doctors.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2013

Dr Spensieri ordered tests on my mom. When she moved and had her file transferred, the new Dr notified us that she had a cancerous tumor noted in the file. But Dr. Spensieri NEVER told her about it. Surely the lact of follow through contributed to her subsequent death from cancer that couldn't be treated.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2012

I had the unfortunate experience of seeing Dr. Spensieri as a teenager. He prescribed a medication that I was allergic to. When I went back after having a reaction to the medication, he told me to continue taking it. What did I know? I was a teenager. I kept taking it until I began to bleed internally. I was in Sick Kids for over a week and am lucky to be alive. But, now I live with post traumatic stres disorder. This doctor has ruined my life. Stay away!!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2012