Ratings for Dr. Donato Spensieri

I wish I could give this doctor a zero. When I was a teenager, he gave me a med that I was allergic to. I went back to see him the next day, covered in bruises. There dots of blood in my eyes! My urine was pink because my kidneys were bleeding and he told me to keep taking the medication. I was just a teenager. What did I know? Anyway, I ended up at Sick Kids and it's a miracle I'm alive today. He didn't even inquire about my health even though he knew I was hospitalized. To this day, decades later, I suffer from post traumatic stress disorder. Thank you, Dr. Spensieri. I just wanted you to know that you ruined my life.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

My father has been seeing this so called doctor for years. I don't even know how he got a license to practice. He is a horrible doctor and does not listen to anything you have to say. His cure is it will pass. Sure when I'm died. I strongly suggest to see a walk in doctor that is well educated and up to date with treatments. Dr spensieri should retire and give up. He is so luck to have the old ppl that go to see him cause he talks Italian. But his staff are more educated them him and are great to deal with.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

I feel like Dr. Spensieri doesn't care about his patients and does not listen at all. He's completely incompetent. He has given me lectures for taking medications THAT HE PRESCRIBED FOR ME TO BEGIN WITH - when he actually prescribes something other than Tylenol, which is his miracle drug. do not waste your time visiting this "doctor".

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

He's the only Dr that listens to you and he's always been bang on with his diagnosis and if he doesn't know something he ALWAYS refers you to specialists. He NEVER brushes you off. He has saved a couple of people in my life and i am grateful to him! I don't want him to retire EVER!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2014

Lacks empathy! Acts way to superior and makes you feel uncomfortable bringing up concerns as they get brushed off quickly if they get listened to. I smartened up in my mid forties and changed doctors.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2013

Dr Spensieri ordered tests on my mom. When she moved and had her file transferred, the new Dr notified us that she had a cancerous tumor noted in the file. But Dr. Spensieri NEVER told her about it. Surely the lact of follow through contributed to her subsequent death from cancer that couldn't be treated.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2012

I had the unfortunate experience of seeing Dr. Spensieri as a teenager. He prescribed a medication that I was allergic to. When I went back after having a reaction to the medication, he told me to continue taking it. What did I know? I was a teenager. I kept taking it until I began to bleed internally. I was in Sick Kids for over a week and am lucky to be alive. But, now I live with post traumatic stres disorder. This doctor has ruined my life. Stay away!!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2012

i hate this doctor he was my doctor when I was younger and screwed up and had to have an operation and now my grandfather who never wanted to change doctors decides to give him up as a patient because he doesn't want to hear any complaints. He should of been fired a long time ago.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2011

This is a GP who believes in helping his patients. His advice is geared to more natural and old world remedies instead of the quick fix of drugs. He suggests chicken soup because it works. If you speak to any naturopaths they would suggest the same. Basically if you take responsibility for yourself, you will follow his great advice. And if his hours are shorter than others it is because he also takes care of himself so he can take better care of his patients. He may give different advice from one visit to the next, however that's because he takes the time to do more research on the problem to help you. Stop complaining and expecting him to heal you - be responsible for your health and you'll find that his advice is to benefit you now him.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2011

To the patient who rated this horrible doctor a "10" in fact that is how you know you have a HORRIBLE doctor, because we have HAD wonderful ones and can compare ...DUH! He's in it for the MONEY not the care of patients...and yes...more days / time off than working. His "internal" examinations are painful to the point I nearly hit the roof!!!!! Time for him to make room for a good doctor.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2011